Stoneheart - Part Two

"We will not stop until we find a way to get these people back to their normal selves," Mayor Bourgeois announced, "but for now, we're not making much headway." Good to know, thank you for stating the obvious. 

"Y/N, you shouldn't roll your eyes at this. Supervillains are serious." My mom tells me.

"Yeah, yeah, I know," I say back. I look down at my watch, "Ah crap, I gotta go. See ya later mom, tell dad I said hi!" I wave to her and rush out the door grabbing my (morning drink) on the way out.

When I get to school I see Alya and Mari talking. I run up to them about to scare them when Mari starts saying some really sad things.

"Why do you trust Ladybug Alya? All these stone beings..."

"Because Ladybug is a true superhero, I've seen her with my own eyes girl," Alya sees me over Mari's shoulder, "Y/N did too! Ladybug was incredible right?" 

"Huh? Oh yeah, Ladybug was amazing, she was super smart. Her wetsuit water balloon plan was genius. These stone beings could just be a glitch or something, I doubt it was her fault. I believe in her to fix whatever's happening." I say like I'm giving a speech. Mari looks at me awestruck and Alya has those stars in her eyes again. God, they're both so cute. Alya starts walking off and I follow her. Mari looks down at her bag before catching up to us. 

"So you really don't remember anything?" I see a group of people surrounding Ivan.

"You were totally going ballistic, it was so cool." Juleka comments.

"You were seriously out to crush me, dude!" Kim exclaims. Yeah, way to go and make Ivan feel worse about it you idiot. I see Ivan look up to Mylene who is standing a few meters away.

"I'm sorry, I wasn't myself." Ivan apologizes to Kim.

Chloe pipes up, "Once a monster, always a monster." Okay, I'm about to ruin this girl's whole career. Ivan growls and stomps off. "Don't let the door hit cha on the way out!" Chloe calls out. What the hell?

"How could you say that to Ivan? You're the real Stoneheart!" Alya confronts Chloe.

Chloe scoffs, "So I'm the one who broke Sabrina's dad's arm, am I? Just because your footage of those lame superheroes was shown on TV, doesn't mean you have to get so high and mighty." Chloe blows a bubble with her gum in Alya's face. 

"You. Little-" Alya starts. I decide to jump in before things get ugly.

"BITCH!" I finish for her. The jaws of the crowd collectively drop. I ain't afraid to put people in their place. "What satisfaction are you gaining from hurting others like this? Is your ego that fragile that you have to knock others down just to feel higher?"

"Like you're one to talk!" Chloe shouts back. "You think you're soooo special. You're nothing! Nothing compared to me!" She takes a deep breath before continuing. "My daddy is so powerful, I could have you kicked out of France with a simple phone call!"

"PFFFFFT," I can't help but laugh. "Holy fuck!" I continue laughing. God, this girl is ridiculous. "One: I know I'm not special. I have more insecurities than you and your lapdog combined! Two: the way you said 'daddy' is just too good. I can't believe you don't realize how that sounds. And three: your 'daddy' is the mayor of Paris not the Prime Minister of France. He can't do shit to me!" My hands clasp in the 'I had to do it to 'em' position.

Everyone's staring at me like I'm crazy. I mean I am, so... nothing new there. 

Chloe opens her mouth to yell at me but a blond kid addresses her before she can get a word out. "Hey, Chloe!" He greets her cheerfully. We lock eyes and he greets me in an even cheerier tone. I'm about to greet him back when Chloe pushes me out of the way screaming "ADRIKINS!" God, I thought my nickname for Chat Noir was bad. Everyone starts whispering around us.