The Guardian

I knock on the wooden door. A small Asian man in a floral shirt and khakis greets me.

"Welcome Y/N, I've been expecting you." He steps aside for me. I walk in to see a traditional Chinese meditation space. There's a bamboo-cotton mat on the floor, a sitting pillow at one end of the mat and a gramophone on the opposite side of the room. 

I only admire the zen room for a moment before getting straight to business. "Okay," I start, "You know who I am, I kinda know who you are. I brought a list of everything weird with me." I pull out the crumpled paper from my pocket and start unravelling it.

"Y/N, Y/N..." The man says soothingly, "There is no need for a rush. Come, I made ginseng tea." He leads me through a sliding door and into a tiny two-room apartment. One room is the bathroom, the other is everything else. I sit cross-legged at the low table while he brings two small bowls and a pot of steaming tea.

"Ginseng, you said?" I clarify.

"Yes, it is a cleansing tea. Rids the body of negative energy," he explains. I already knew that - thank you, Uncle Iroh. He pours the steaming, honey-coloured liquid into the bowls. I take a few sips to be polite. Damn, that's good. I sip again. And again. And again. Holy fuck, if I drank this before Pharoah kidnapped me that one time I actually would have been a pure soul. 

"My name is Master Fu," he introduces himself.

"Hello, Master. You already know me," I chuckle.

"Indeed I do. I've been watching you, Y/N." Oh, okay. Kinda feel a little creeped out. "You are very special. For some reason, the Miraculous magic does not work on you the way it should." I nod.

He doesn't continue so I clear my throat. "Um, do you know why?"

He shakes his head, "I do not know why." I deflate a little. "But I want to learn from you."

I look him dead in the eye. "Learn from me?" I wonder aloud.

"Yes. As of now we only know a few things for sure," he ticks off his fingers, "You are immune to the glamour magic that protects identities." I nod. "The damage you endure during Akuma fights is not healed by Ladybug's Cure." I wince a little but nod. "You maintain consciousness when hit by Akumas whose powers are meant to control others." My shoulders sag more. I don't even nod. "And despite all this, you can still use a Miraculous just as normally as Marinette or Adrien do."

I point my finger and shake it thoughtfully at the ceiling. "Yeah, I'm confused about that," I admit.

"As am I," he says, "But I want to test some things today. I want to know the extent of your immunity." I think for a moment. The extent of my immunity? I could get hurt depending on the experiments he's got in mind, but it could be worth it. Why wouldn't it be worth it?

I nod my head in resolve. "What kind of tests you got for me?"

I don't really know what I was expecting...

He brought out the big Miraculous Box. It's full of magical jewellery. There's a turtle, a bee, a fox, a pig, a dog, a monkey, a panther, a dragon, a gold gird, a parrot, a horse, a bunny... you get the gist.

The Miraculouses were cool, yes, but what I was not ready for was being subject to their powers.

"So we know that the Cure does not work on you," Master Fu begins, "So my theory is that you cannot be affected by the powers of the Miraculous that are supposed to directly affect others." Pretty sound theory, I gotta say.

"Okay, so how do we test it?"

He pulls out the green turtle bracelet. "I will transform with the different Miraculouses and use their powers on you." He slides the bracelet on and transforms. "If my theory is correct, you will be unaffected by the powers."

I nod. "Bring it on."

First, he uses 'Shellter'. He can't walk through the green force field around him. I throw a few pillows at it and they bounce right off. I walk up to it and put my hand on it, only my hand doesn't stop. It goes right through. I continue and low and behold, the force field can't stop me. I guess the unstoppable force beats the immovable object.

Next, he pulls out the monkey Miraculous. He says this will make me hallucinate for a few seconds. He hits me with 'Uproar'. He throws a banana squeaky toy at my chest and I can't help but laugh. I don't hallucinate, I don't see anything alarming. Nothing happened.

He then pulls out the Fox necklace. He tells me to close my eyes and spin around a bunch of times until I have no sense of direction. I do so, hearing a 'Mirage!' mid-spin. When the dizziness subsides I open my eyes. I blink a few times to make sure I'm not going crazy. In front of me are a dozen Master Fu's in a fox themed costume. I push past the shock and look carefully at the doppelgangers. One in the back catches my eye. The rest have this 2D/cartoony feel to them, but the one at the back has a haze of reflected sunlight dancing around him. I point this out to the real Master Fu and he nods. I can tell when something is an illusion. Cool.

Finally, he pulls out the bee hairpin. This is currently the most dangerous test we can do. If we wanted to be crazy we'd use the dragon necklace and obliterate the building with lightning, water, wind and fire; or get Chat to cataclysm me - I might try that later. Master Fu transforms into a yellow and black suit and attacks me with 'Venom'. The sharp point of the spinning top hits me square in the chest. I flinch, expecting pain, but I don't feel anything. I just feel the top bouncing off of me like someone lightly tapped my chest. I can still move, I'm not paralyzed.

"Well, whaddya know?" I exclaim, "I'm immune to direct Miraculous magic."

"As I suspected," Master Fu says approvingly. "It seems to me that you are immune to direct Miraculous magic. Following that logic, we can assume that Chat Noir can use his cataclysm on you but nothing will happen and you cannot be akumatized." 

"Huh," I look up in thought, "And here I thought I was just too happy-go-lucky to be akumatized."

He chuckles then continues on with his conclusions. "If we follow the evidence that you can be affected by indirect magic, any Miraculous powers like the bunny's hopping through time, the horse's teleportation, or the snake's reversing of time do affect you. Although they won't work fully like when you are hit with Akuma powers." I just stare in wonder at him. I'm hella awesome, aren't I? "Any other conclusions can only be discovered when they happen," he finalizes.

Without any more work to be done, I take my leave and I wish him a goodnight

On my way back home my mind wanders. So we know the general rule to my immunity: I am immune to direct magical attacks. We don't know why I'm immune. He can't remember anything about immunity being mentioned during his Guardian training. I'm a mystery. One thing that also confuses me is why Hawk Moth hasn't kidnapped me yet. I mean, I've mocked him so many times, he's seen how I am with the heroes. I'm just a normal, well... kind of normal girl. He could just snatch me from the street right now if he wanted. He must be waiting for something.

I get home around 9 PM, parents aren't mad at me so that's a win. I steal some food from the fridge and head to bed without any thoughts about what's wrong with me. I know I'm weird but at least I know the general extent to my weirdness.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

AHHHHHHHHHHHH. Y'all have no idea how late I stayed up coming up with the lore for this book. I got two whole pages full of exceptions, powers, immunity details... It's a whole mess. Also, this chapter is under 2000 words... this is the shortest chapter I've ever written! Sorry about that😅

Anyway, I hope you enjoyed it. If anything doesn't make sense then let me know and I'll see what I can do. I'm always going back and editing my chapters to make the story flow better so your feedback will be greatly appreciated.

I'll see ya in the next one! BYEEEEEEEEE<3