Pharaoh

BING! Ooh, Alya is doing a Ladyblog live stream. Wait. Alya is doing a Ladyblog live stream AND DIDN'T INVITE ME!! Good God, that girl could get hurt without me there. Welp, too late to catch her now.

"Don't blink now 'cause we are live," Alya starts. "Yo, peeps! Alya here giving you the one and only Ladyblog!" A helicopter propeller comes out of my phone speaker, "What's that?" Um, that's a helicopter Alya, it makes a whapwhapwhapwhapwhap sound when it flies. LB soars by dangling off the helicopter as it passes by on the screen. Good to know she is having fun. Something falls from Ladybug during her fly-by.

"Ah, freak OUT! What we've got here is no ordinary textbook. It's a high school history textbook." Oh no. "Could our very own Ladybug be a high school student? WOW!" Oh no. Mari, we have work to do. Great.

Hey, wadduya know. Mari's calling me.

"Hey, Y/N, so I'm assuming you saw it."

"Whatever do you mean," I say in a posh accent, not hiding the fact that I do, actually, know what she's talking about.

"Oh, ha ha. So yeah I'm in serious trouble and I need you to come over." Good Lord, she's a drama queen.

"Yeah, yeah, I'll be right over." Now, where did I put my chill pills?

Okay, I'm at Mari's and I'm ready to help. No Idea how, but I'll start by trying to cheer her up.

I say 'hi' to Tom and Sabine and continue up to Mari's room. I don't bother knocking; she knows I'm coming. I open her door to see Tikki's trying to comfort Mari. Cutie, Tikki is adorable. I haven't met Adrien's Kwami, but I bet it's adorable too.

"What's done is done Marinette. All we can do now is move forward," Tikki says to Mari whose head is slammed against the table.

"And try to get that book back," I add.

Mari bolts up from her seat and engulfs me in a hug. She starts going all MarinetteTM on me. I can't even process what she's saying she's talking too fast. I reach for her flailing arms trying my hardest to avoid getting whacked. I get ahold on her wrists, transferring both of them to one hand. I use my free hand to lift her chin, meeting my eyes.

"It'll be okay. We'll get that book back without her noticing." Mari's eyes are getting teary. Oh, my baby girl. I pull her into a hug. "If worst goes to worse, then we will passively hint at her that I'm Ladybug so you're in the clear," I say, trying to cheer her up.

"Thanks, Y/N," Mari says into my shoulder. This precious baby. It's kinda ironic that the city's courageous, cunning, kind and witty hero is crying on my shoulder. God, she's adorable.

"I have an idea!" Tikki squeaks. Thank God, my only ideas involved murder. "We can invite Alya to the new Tutankhamen exhibit at the Louvre."

"I love the plan Tikki, my only question is why are you suggesting that specific exhibit?" I ask.

"Well, there's something about Ladybug in that exhibit. Alya won't pass up the opportunity, plus I know you two will find it very interesting," Tikki explained.

"You could just tell us now..." I suggest.

"Now that would take the mystery out of it," the Kwami giggled. Well, she does have a point, I am intrigued. I look to Mari. She's still holding onto my arm but she doesn't look upset anymore. She sees me looking at our connected arms and quickly removes herself from me. Shame, I kinda liked the feeling of supporting her.

"Wadduya say? Wanna see some five thousand-year-old dead guys?" I ask. Mari giggles and nods. She hurries around her room to get ready for our outing while I call Alya.