27

Mitch's POV

When I walked out of my room, I grimaced when I still saw the blond douchebag still on the couch. I didn't want to burden him with going home after driving out this way with me but I still didn't want to have sex with him. Not after the encounter from last night. I swallowed hard at the memory of Scott's face when I met his eyes. He was so hurt and betrayed and it was all my fault. I was so stupid to go out yesterday. Why didn't I just listen to Beau?

I walked over to the couch and kicked the frame. He woke up with a start. "Go home." 

The douchebag got off the couch and looked down at me. "I can't even get a goodbye kiss?"

"Leave. You're lucky enough I even let you stay the night." He rolled his eyes and put his shoes on then left the apartment. I locked the doors behind him and went into the kitchen, looking into my fridge. Everything was spoiled. I guess I'll spend my free day cleaning this dump up. 

I then stood up and looked around the dirty apartment. I was lucky to have Scott. He paid my two months of missing rent while I was out of commission so I would still have somewhere to go when I needed space. He helped out to pay other months of rent when I didn't spend as much time here. I always told him I was never with him for money, but I was so grateful for everything he's done for me. And for some reason, I decided to betray him. He loved me enough to help me keep my apartment and keep me stable and I decided to cheat on him. 

I gripped the kitchen counter and I let out the lump in my throat, coughing into the sink and nearly vomiting. I felt disgusted with myself. He didn't get angry, he didn't yell at me, all he did was give me a note and leave. Nothing else. I took in a breath and ran to my bedroom. I grabbed the note off my bedside and brushed off the dust on it. 

I can't read this. I want him to talk to me again. I want to know what's been going on with him but I want to hear it from his voice, not his handwriting. I took a shower and styled my hair for once, wanting to look as nice as possible. Once I was ready, I ran out to my bus stop, catching the first bus there. I was practically jumping in my seat as the bus was stuck on the usual traffic. I hoped Scott was still home and  I was able to catch him before he left anywhere.

-

I looked up at Scott's mansion and I suddenly realized I should've brought something as an apology. I took in a deep breath and went through the side door beside the gate with my spare keys and walked up to the front door. I rang the doorbell and rocked back on my heels.

It took a minute for the door to open and when when it did, a half-naked Scott was standing on the other side, a toothbrush in his mouth and his hair soaking wet. I waved a bit and tried to pull a smile but the twisting pain in my stomach wouldn't let me. Scott looked at me for a moment before walking away from the door without closing it. I walked in and shut it then followed the redhead upstairs to his room. He went into the bathroom so I sat on the bed and took out the note in my pocket and stared at it.

"Why are you here? Did you not read the note?" Scott said, coming out of his bathroom and instead of coming to me, he went into his closet so I stood in the doorway.

"I don't want to read it. I started a fight because you wouldn't talk to me. Will you talk to me now. Please?"

"I have somewhere to be. I don't have time to talk." Scott said as he buttoned his dress pants and he reached for a button-up and turned to the side. I saw the large bruise covering his left side and I made a sound of pain. "Don't mention it. It doesn't hurt."

"What happened?"

"It happened after I found you cheating on me."

"I didn't have sex with him."