4

I spent the night laying in my bed. I didn't want to watch t.v or go out to treat myself. I didn't feel like I deserved it. I deserved to do nothing because that's all I was. Nothing. The entire day I just laid under my blankets, sleeping, waking up, sleeping again until my bedtime came and I slept through the night.

The next morning I was exhausted. My eye felt stiff and my head was pounding. I had off work for the day but I wanted nothing more than to just sit and stare at the romance section of the vinyls. I rolled off my bed and went out to my kitchen, rummaging through the cupboards before sighing in defeat when I realized I had nothing to eat.

I got ready for the day, not bothering with a shower and just downed a few Advil. I left my apartment and made my way to the nearest bus station. From there I rode the bus to the store and checked how much cash in my wallet, making sure to budget myself.

I finished up my shopping and decided to look through the various amounts of wines in the alcohol section and ran my fingers on a slim, tall glass bottle. It contained a bright pink liquid and I picked it up.

"I wouldn't go for that one."

The husky voice made me jump and I almost dropped the bottle in my hands. I looked behind me to see Scott looking at me with a small smile. I apologize for storming out earlier but I simply turned and left the aisle to pay for my groceries.

I headed to my bus stop and crossed my legs over one another. As I was waiting, I could see from the corner of my eye a man making it obvious he was staring at me. I shifted uncomfortably and it was moments like this I hoped I had someone with me. I faced away from the man and eventually, the bus finally pulled up.

I got on and sat near the back where the seats were mainly empty. The man staring at me sat in the aisle across from me and I pulled my phone out, typing 911 into my emergency dial and keeping my thumb hovering over the call button.

I was staring at the floor but I couldn't help but look up when a red-head moved past me in the aisle. I knew the vibrant suit colors from inside the store and didn't know whether to feel safe or stalked.

Either way, with Scott sitting in the back of the bus, I tucked my phone away and leaned my head against the window.

It didn't take long for the bus to stop near my house and I gathered my bags. As I going down the stairs, I turned my head, looking down the bus to see Scott was gone. I frowned, wondering when he had gotten off the bus. I took notice the other creepy man was also gone. I cleared my head, getting off the bus and going to my apartment. Maybe I was just imagining the whole thing.

-

"Here's to me," I mumbled to no one as I poured myself a glass of the pink wine. I sniffed it and took a small sip, grimacing at the taste. I shouldn't have picked this one. I was sitting on the single stool under my bar counter so I laid against the cold counter and sighed.

I lazily picked at the cold vegetables on my plate from my dinner before pushing the plate away. I got off the stool and went to my room, about to close the door before my door was knocked on. It was rhythmic, a short thump, two thumps, and one more thump. It sounded familiar and I went up to the door, unclicking the two locks but leaving the chain lock done. I pulled open the door, looking through the crack.

Scott crouched down to see my eye and he smiled brightly. "Can I come in?" I shut the door and took in a deep breath before undoing the chain lock and opening my door again.

Scott walked in and I locked the door again. The red-head went to my kitchen and I followed. He picked up my dinner plate and used the fork to push around the overcooked sliced carrots and my attempt at zucchini spaghetti.