Chapter 33

"Maya!" I ran over to her in a panic. She was on the ground helpless and bleeding from the gashes in her chest.

"My blood wont heal her!" Ezekiel panicked

"Ad sanandum vulnus" I chanted repeatedly trying to use a spell to heal her. Her wounds were still not healing for some reason.

"Why isn't it healing?" Rauz asked

"I don't know! I mean shes still alive so it should've healed her"

"Altiair— thank you so much" She said in a weakened voice

"For what?"

"For helping me find my strength— you showed me how powerful I was at my lowest moment. I beat Lucian and took control of the pack because you convinced me that I was worthy. You brought out the best in me like you do with everyone else, and for that— for that I thank you" She was getting weaker as she lost more blood.

"No, you cant die Maya, don't speak like this is goodbye!" I began crying because in that moment I realized it was goodbye, So I looked down weeping "Thank you, for putting your trust in me, for putting your life on the line to fight with me every time I called! Thank you being my friend in the short time we knew each other." She smiled.

"Angelo, I know you don't want to but please become the alpha, I choose you." She said quietly "I've known you since you were a kid, and I don't think anybody can lead that pack the way you can. Its in your blood"

I knew how much Angelo didn't want to lead the pack, but I also knew that he'd realize that its bigger than him, bigger than what he wanted.

"I promise I'll be the alpha, and ill try my hardest to be the best damn alpha that pack has ever seen, after you of course" Angelo was crying but also standing strong, I knew that he meant what he said

"Thank you, you're gonna do great" She whimpered "Look out for my kids please, and tell them I love them" She said quietly "Tell them im with their father now, and I found peace" She cried even harder

The whole room was pretty much crying at this point. I was trying to stop my mind from going to that place where I blame myself for everything, but I couldn't help it. It seemed like no matter how smart I thought my plans were, somebody always ends up dying for it.

"I wont let her die here in the house of the person who killed her, Finn take us home" I demanded and he quickly teleported us back

Once we got back Mrs. Weir sat with a confused look on her face.

"Thank you all, I get to die as the warrior I was meant to be, fighting for whats right!" She managed to get out in a weak, raspy, voice. Her eyes glazed over.

I stood up and Ezekiel hugged me, everyone else joined in as well.

"Angelo, take her body to the wolves and tell them what happened. Then you tell them she chose you to be their new alpha, they wont go against her wishes" I said "Finn can you take them" I asked and he nodded yes

Once they left I took a moment to sit down and try to clear my mind. I was so overwhelmed with emotion because nobody was supposed to die. Especially not Maya, not this way. I knew I couldn't sit and grieve just yet, Malik was still out there angrier than before, deadlier than before.

"The council really double crossed us" Calluna snapped "do you think it was on purpose?"

"Absolutely, they know which weapons are which. They wanted it to backfire on us and go wrong, I just don't understand why" I wondered

"It's obvious, they hated us before we walked through the doors, then we fought them and did way better than im sure they expected. I mean you knocked Sicilia on her ass. They don't like us, and they think we're too powerful" Rauz replied bluntly