Chapter 28

After Malik attacked me, I stayed on the ground pretending to be hurt. I didn't want him to know what I could do just yet.

"So Altiair, that little siphoning trick you pulled last time was smart. That was actually one of my abilities, before you stole my magic!" Malik grabbed me and threw me into a nearby tree which cut me. It hurt only for a second because vampires heal extremely fast.

He seemed alot angrier than last time, he's usually so calm but I could tell he was actually fighting with rage. He rushed over to me and grabbed me by the neck. Suddenly, without even touching him with my hands I could feel me draining his energy, I quickly realized I was siphoning his magic by his touch and not mine which I'd never done before. He quickly let go and looked at me in shock as he took a step back.

"How did you-"

"Looks like that power likes me a little bit more" I bragged "See when I neutralized your magic, I gained new abilities"

"That's not possible, in order to siphon energy or magic you have to use your hands" He seemed a little weaker after I drained some of his energy.

"Well, when you don't thrive off of stealing power and happen to have actual skill, you can push your magic to do anything you want" I said with a grin on my face

He stared at me intensely "Somethings different about you, you seem more confident than before".

At this point I knew he was starting to get suspicious.

"Fortis ventis!" I chanted a wind spell, but a stronger wind spell than before.

Strong winds began pushing him back so I quickly used my vamp speed to tackle him into a different tree, and then onto the ground which made him utter a scream.

"So you became a vampire? Did you do that for little old me? Im flattered" Malik teased in a weak voice

"Actually im a hybrid, and I did it for my family!"

Malik got up quickly using vamp speed and kicked me to the ground.

"Now I want to know how you managed to do that. Considering what I had to do and knowingly you, I doubt we took the same path."

"Thats for me for to know and for you to shut up" I got back up and tried to use Thermovariance, but before I could he cloaked himself.

Without touching me, he forced me off the ground and I was now hovering.

"See before, I thought I needed you because you took some of my magic and held it captive, I wanted it back. I see that's no longer a possibility so, im gonna make you make you disappear just like I did Juru-" I suddenly heard a snapping sound and Malik fell to the ground. Ezekiel was standing behind him with a grin on his face.

"That guy never shuts up" Ezekiel snapped "come with me right now!" He seemed as if he was in a panic

"What happened?"

"Just come!" He used his vamp speed to rush back into the house and I followed.

When I got in the house I saw everyone sitting there with saddened expressionson, everyone was there except for Raven.

"Wheres Raven?" I asked curiously

"They took her" Calluna replied with tears in her eyes

"Who took her? What happened!"

"When you were fighting Malik, two witches came in here chanting a spell, none of us understood the spell so we couldn't counter it. Out of nowhere we were all temporarily blinded, we couldn't see anything. By the time we got our vision back Raven was gone"