Chapter Eighteen

Breakfast is cold,
As cold as our bed.

I'm watching you trip down the words that you said,
I'm watching you devour, mistake me for bread
Well boy, is you fed? Or are you mislead?

I gave you the messiest head
You give me the messiest head

Oh you're turning red
'Cause I'm trying to give the impression that I get the message you wish I was dead

See you bout to break a sweat
I,I,I
I won't let us finish yet
I,I,I
Please don't take this as a threat
I,I,I
All I'm saying is if you don't love me no more then lie...

Jacob

Ding!

I look away from the board to my phone, but it wasn't my phone that went off. I look at Tanya and she shakes her head. It wasn't her phone either. We look down at the table with Emmett and Rosalie's phone, and there it was. Emmett's phone lit up with a reminder. I quickly motion Tanya to hand me a pair of gloves and open the notification.

Appointment with Dr. Wyatt on at 2:30 pm.

Tanya looks over my shoulder. "Dr. Wyatt? Isn't that Isabella Swan's psychiatrist?"

Detective Uley walks in the briefing room. "What's going on?"

"Emmett Swan's phone just got a reminder for an appointment with Dr. Wyatt at 2:30 today," I say, placing the phone on the table.

"Could be a reminder for his wife," Tanya said.

"Why would he need a reminder for his wife's appointment?" I asked.

"Fill me in," Detective Uley says, not at all catching what we're saying.

"Dr. Raymond Wyatt, he is Mrs. Swan psychiatrist and he's been treating her for a few years," Tanya said.

"What for?"

"Uh, from what I spoke with him it's some sort of anxiety disorder. He wasn't willing to elaborate and got quite pissy when I tried to push for more information."

Uley looks at me. "Do you think if you go you can get some information out of him?"

I shrug. "Yes, I suppose I can try. What do you have?"

"A woman in Oregon who works at a local market has identified Garrett. Apparently he has lived there for the last seven years with a woman named Katherine Ozark and they have a three year old child. I have people down there looking for her and we'll bring her in for interrogation as soon as we find her."

Hmm, now that's a good lead and depending on what we can get out of Dr. Wyatt will determine who our suspect really is. Right now it's a balance between Emmett and Garrett. Which one shot the gun? Who shot it first? How did it come to be?

"Well, in the meantime, I think Tanya and I have an appointment to make."

* * *

Dr. Wyatt's receptionist lets us in quickly. We arrived just in time for the appointment and he looks a bit shocked when we walked in. Dr. Wyatt is a man close to his sixties with grayish white hair and thick glasses framing his blue eyes. He dressed like an old librarian with a white collar shirt, dress pants and a sweater vest.

We first found out about him during the beginning of the investigation and Tanya was the one to come down and ask a few questions, but like she said, he wasn't open to giving answers.