Chapter Sixteen

Mature content ahead! Read At Your Own Risk ⚠️

Bella

His words gave me both peace and unease. How is it that he is so willing to take care of me? Even before we ever met, from the moment he knew Rosalie was unfaithful, he had a plan set in his head to get me off the blind fold and see who I was really married to. He had his heart set on protecting me.

"Why are you doing this?" I ask, my voice barely a whisper. "Why for me?"

Edward sighs, his thumb carefully caressing my cheek. "I don't know, Bella. All I know is that from the moment I set my eyes on you all I wanted is to protect you from the fucking world. I have this urge to place you in a glass box and secure it just so I'm sure no one is ever going to harm you." His eyes drop, almost like he's ashamed of admitting this. "I don't know if I'll be able to survive if something happens to you."

"Emmett was like that too." My voice cracks at the memory of how loving and protective Emmett was of me. "At first... And I'm scared that it's this way for you right now and with time you'll realize I'm not worth it. I'm scared you'll wake up one day and decide you've had enough, and you will hurt me the same way he has."

"No, no, Bella. I would never hurt you the way he has. I'm not Emmett, I'd be a damn fool to think of another woman when I have you." He kisses me once, twice, three times and leans his forehead on mine. "I didn't think I'd ever want another woman after Rosalie, but I was wrong. I've never wanted anyone as much as I want you."

I sigh, looking into his deep green eyes. The truth is... as much as I am terrified that he will hurt me, I am ready to dive into the deep end. His words that seem like he said forever ago echo in the back of my mind.

We deserve something good out of all this bad.

And what if that something good was us? Could it be possible? That after seeking comfort and support in each other all this time, we can possible be together? Is this fate's twisted way of telling us we were with the wrong person all along?

We deserve something good.

We deserve it.

I press my lips against his, pouring all my want and desire into him. I know he can almost taste my desire. He groans against my lips and lightly pushes me against the car, his lips nearly devouring mine as his tongue seeks entrance.

"I want you," I gasp against his lips. I grip his hair between my fingers, pressing my body as close to him as I possibly can. I can feel his growing erection pressed against my abdomen. "Please."

Edward yanks the car door open. "Get in," he growls.

The ride to his house was a nightmare. The sexual tension in the car could be sliced with a knife. All I wanted was to throw myself over the arm rest and kiss him, but we probably wouldn't survive a collision. Instead I held onto his hand tightly, tracing every vein, caressing his skin and kissing everywhere I could touch.

We stumbled across the front door, our lips latched together as I tugged on his shirt. His shirt was gone by the time we made it to the living room and the top of my dress was tugged to my waist when we stumbled into his bedroom and we stop when the back of my knees meet his bed. I lower myself on the bed, my eyes locked with his, green to brown, as my hand travels down his chest to the buckle of his belt. His breathing is heavy, his chest raises and drops with each breath he takes.

I've never felt as powerful as I did in that moment. To watch watch him shudder under my touch, to watch his Adams' Apple bob up and down as I undid his belt and touched him. To know that the reason why he throws his head back and he moans is all because of my touch. To know that the moment he takes my hand away from him only to lay me on his bed completely, his body covering mine as he kisses me with a abandon is because he wants me, badly. He needs me. Just... me. It's a feeling so addicting, I never want to lose it. Not when I know I'm the reason why he loses control.