Chapter 60 "Where I'm Goin'"

*After Nat & Kenzie had heard the news about the triplets being kidnapped again by Margaret & Justin, they went out to search for them.*

                                                         *Nat's P.O.V.*

Oh God! The triplets were kidnapped for the second time by Margaret & Justin. What the fuck is wrong with those two assholes? They've been treating Kenzie & I's lives like shit for years. If they hurt or kill My children, they WILL pay for all the damage they've put them through!

Kenzie & I drove up into the parking lot of the kids' preschool & went inside the building. There were already five police cars outside the building before we went inside. As Kenzie & I walked into the kids' classroom, their teacher, Miss Liz told us exactly what had happened to them. Once she told us about Shane being rude to some of the other kids, I was really upset about it. I never knew that Shane would ever harm anyone, besides his brothers, Alex, Kenzie & me. This made me think. Have Kenzie or I's parenting skills never really worked? Were we bad parents? I wish I'd knew the answer to those questions. 

"Mr. & Mrs Wolff, my squad & I will find your children as soon as possible," said a police offficer named Bob.

"Thanks Officer," I said. "Please make sure that they aren't harmed, Margaret & Justin are very very vicious people."

"We will do the best we can," he said. 

I nodded. "Perhaps, My wife & I could come along with you?"

"I'm affraid not, Mr. Wolff," he said. "Margaret & Justin could have weapons, & they will kill you for sure. I think that it would be best if you two went home. If we are able to find them, I will give you a call.-"

"-Please, Officer?" asked Kenzie, trying to hold back her tears. "We'll be careful, I promise. Plus, my husband & I are trained in self defense, which can help us not get hurt in any way possible."

"Kenze, they have weapons, but we don't," I said. "I don't think that self defense stuff would work. We might as well just go home & stay there until they call us."

 "Babe, we've done this stuff before!" she said. "Even I was kidnapped when I was eight in a half months pregnant with them.-"

"-Yeah, but then after I found you, your water broke & you called me an idiot," I said. "Look, let's just listen to the police for now. They'll call us as soon as they find them, alright?"

Kenzie sighed. "Fine, let's go home."

I nodded again, then we both walked back to our car & drove back home.

The car ride home was silent for a long time. I knew that Kenzie was just as upset that I was. I also knew that she really wanted to go find our kids & bring them home, but every time that we've been through something like this, one of us ends up almost getting hurt or killed. 

I hated this awkward silence. The only things I could hear was myself breathing heavily & the car as I drove it. I noticed that Kenzie was looking through her window, then she glanced at me. Her eyes were full of tears.

"Nat," she sighed. "I'm really sorry."

"Sorry for what?" I asked. "You haven't done anything wrong."

"I'm talking about what happened years ago, back when you rescued me from being kidnapped & I was pregnant with the triplets," she said. "I'm sorry for calling you an idiot."

"It's fine Kenzie," I said. "You were just calling me an idiot because your water broke & I was brainless when it happened. It's okay."

Kenzie nodded, wiping the tears that were about to come out from her light blue eyes. "Alright, if you say so."