Chapter 31 "Kassie Returns,"

*Minutes after Kenzie became uncaucious, the doctors & nurses were able to stabilize her again. Nat went inside Kenzie's hospital room & sat down beside her, holding her hand with tears in his eyes.*

                                                   *Nat's P.O.V.*

I was glad that Kenzie was stable again from after the birth of the triplets. According to the doctor, she was tired & stressed out a lot. I sat there for hours just holding her hand. I wish she'd wake up, but, I didn't want her to be mad at me if I did. After a while, one of the nurses came by & told me that the babies were healthy & that I was able to see them in the NICU. I wanted to wait for Kenzie to wake up, but, she needed her rest. I got up & kissed her cheek & went into the NICU to see my newborn sons.

When I walked into the NICU, I was in tears. Seeing the babies in there reminded me of when I saw Kassie in here hooked up to a million monitors. I walked to see Shane. He weighed only five pounds. He was a cutie. He had my looks. I walked over to see little Nate. He was in the middle of getting his diaper changed, but man did he have a great pair of lungs! Nate will most deffinitely keep Kenzie & I awake at night. Then, I went to see the third baby, Jason. Jason was really sweet. I put my hand into his incubator & he immediately grabbed my finger with his little hand. I smiled & had a vision of how Kenzie & I's children would grow up, becoming young men & all. This was Kenzie & I's life now. Being full time parents to these precious boys. "Kassie would've been a wonderful big sister." I thought to myself. I heard a small voice saying, "Yes daddy, I know." I turned around, & I saw Kassie again.

"Kassie," I said. "You're back,"

"Yes daddy," said Kassie. "It is my job to protect you & mommy, & my brothers from danger."

"Kassie, how did you know that your mother was kidnapped?" I asked.

"I told you," said Kassie. "I am an angel,"

"Yeah, but, how did you know that she was kidnapped?" I asked.

"I have mommy's visions," said Kassie. "I can see the future, & remember the past."

"How does the future look for Kenzie & I now?" I asked.

"Well from the look of it," said Kassie looking at her younger brothers. "You two will be spending day & night feeding, changing diapers, & being puked on by my brothers."

I walked toward Kassie & knelt down next to her as she stared at Jason. Jason started to get tears in his eyes & pouting his mouth & began crying. "I think someone's hungry," I said. "Kassie, sweetheart, would you like to help me feed your brother?"

"I wish I could," she said. "But I cannot hold anything heavy,"

"Jason only weighs a little bit," I said.

"I'll just watch you," said Kassie.

"Oh alright," I said grabbing a small baby bottle filling it with baby formula. I then carefully picked up Jason & sat down in a rocking chair & started feeding him.

Kassie smiled. "He's so little!" she said.

"You were as small as your brothers when you were born," I said. "I wish you were still here in the physical world though,"

"Daddy," said Kassie. "No matter where I am, I will always be your little girl, & I will always be there for our family,"

Jason drank up his bottle quickly. I put his little body on my chest & waited for a little burp to come out. I looked back at Kassie. "Thank you Kassie," I said.

"I have to go now," said Kassie.

"So soon? When will I see you again?" I asked.

"Soon," she said kissing my forehead. " Goodbye daddy, I love you"

I smiled back, but before I could say anything back, she had disappeared. I waited two minutes later until I heard Jason burp in my ear. He was already half awake & half asleep. Once he was fully asleep, I put him back into his incubator & went back into Kenzie's room to see if she was awake or not. Should I tell Kenzie about Kassie visiting me? A part of me wants to, & yet, another part of me thinks that she may think that I was lying to her, which I wasn't. I walked into Kenzie's room & she had awoken again. She was still very exhausted, but, she was glad to see me. I was glad to see her too.

"How are the babies doing?" asked Kenzie.

"They're great," I said. "They look pretty healthy,"

"That's good," Kenzie yawned. "I can't wait to see them,"

"Maybe you could see them later, I mean, you still look a bit tired,"

"I am," said Kenzie. " Can you do me a favor?"

"Sure," I said.

"Could you come cuddle with me, just like old times?" asked Kenzie.

I smiled. "Okay," I said getting up & laid on the bed next to her cuddling her.