Chapter 29 "Living in a Nightmare"

*A couple months pass after Kenzie's baby shower. Nat & Alex had just finished setting up the babies' room.*

                                                          *Nat's P.O.V.*

"I can't believe that the babies are coming soon," I said.

"I know!" said Alex. "Man, I'm going to have three nephews,"

"The doctor said that they should be here any day now," I said. "I just hope that they won't end up like what happened to Kassie,"

"Nat, stop thinking about the past," said Alex as he rubbed my back. "I know it's hard not to think about Kassie, but, you are going to have a lot of great times with your sons, they will love you, & Kenzie, you'll be one happy family,"

"It's just so hard to let go of someone when you've only known them for sixteen hours," I said.

"Sixteen hours?" asked Alex.

"That's how long Kassie lived," I said.

"That's pretty long for a baby that was only three months old to live," said Alex.

"Kassie would've lived longer if Margaret & Justin didn't break into Kenzie & I's beach house," I said. "She would've lived throughout Kenzie's entire pregnancy,"

"Nat, let's not worry about this right now," said Alex. "Let's finish up setting up the furnature in here, alright?"

I nodded my head & helped Alex arrange the cribs, the rocking chair, & the diaper changing station. Once the room was finished, Kenzie came in & looked at it. She was in tears of joy seeing it for the first time. I know that the triplets will enjoy it too.

That night, as Kenzie & I were about to go to bed, the babies were moving around in her tummy. I placed my hand on her left side & I could feel one of them kicking. At about ten o'clock, Kenzie & I went to sleep.

                                                        *Kenzie's P.o.V.*

I've been waking up in the middle of the night for the past few months now, whether it was back pain, feeling hungry, or that I just couldn't sleep. I got up & quietly went downstairs & grabbed a glass of water. I felt like I was being watched by someone. Maybe it was just a random feeling. I didn't care. I grabbed a blanket & fell asleep on the couch. I could hear voices. I couldn't tell if they were in my head or if someone was really watching me. Should I wake up? Maybe I should just take a little peek to see if something or someone was there. I slowly opened up my eyes & could see two shadows. Oh No! Not again! I turned on the light & it was Justin & Margaret again. I tried screaming for Nat but before i could even say anything, I fainted & then I was carried out by Justin.

                                                            *Nat's P.O.V.*

I woke up the next morning noticing that Kenzie wasn't next to me. I walked downstairs. She's not in the kitchen. She's not in the babies' room, either. I went into the living room & I had noticed that one of the windows was cracked open. Did Kenzie... kill herself? No she couldn't have, unless it was... Oh shit! How the hell did Margaret & Justin know where we live? I turned around & sat on the couch in tears. My pregnant wife is kidnapped by my ex-girlfriend. What am I going to do? I couldn't think of anything that would help rscue my wife. I heard a small voice. I could hear the sound of a little girl saying "Daddy, I know where Mommy is". I turned around & saw what it had looked to be a ghost, but, she was glowing.

"Kassie?" I asked. "Is it really you?"

"Yes, it is me," she said.

My eyes widened. "This is so surreal," I said. "This is just my imagination, I am not talking to my daughter's ghost, this is just a dream!" I closed my eyes. "When I open my eyes, you will be gone,"

I opened my eyes but Kassie's ghost was still there.

"Daddy," she said. "Mommy was kidnapped,"

"Do you know where she went?" I asked.

"Mommy is in an abandoned building next to an old graveyard, make sure you call the cops first," said Kassie.

"But what do I say? My daughter's ghost told me where my wife is?" I asked.

"I am not a ghost," said Kassie. "I am an angel, & I am here to help you & mommy,"

"Okay," I said.

I picked up the phone & called the cops. Kassie gave me the address to the abandoned building where Justin & Margaret was keeping my pregnant wife at. I hope that Kenzie is okay. I swear to god that if they hurt her, They will pay for what they have done to Kenzie.