Chapter 28 "The Baby Shower"

*It is the night before Kenzie's baby shower. Nat walked out of the bathroom & laid on the bed next to Kenzie while she was feeling her growing belly.*

*Kenzie's P.O.V.*

"I can't wait until the baby shower tomorrow," I said.

"Me too," said Nat putting his hands on my tummy. "They're moving around a lot,"

"Yeah," I said. "It's like they are having a party inside me, or they want to come out,"

"I can't believe that in less than three months, I am going to be a father of three children," said Nat.

"I know right?" I asked as I stretched out my arms & yawned. "Neither can I,"

Nat smiled. "Are you tired?" He asked.

"A little bit," I said. "Aren't you?"

"Yeah," said Nat. "I was in the studio all day today,"

"How's the new album coming along?" I asked.

"It's good, it's a long process," said Nat.

"Have you & Alex figured out a release date yet?" I asked.

"Not yet," said Nat. "It'll be here soon,"

I yawned again. "Cool,"

Nat smiled at me & kissed my cheek. I kissed him back & turned off the lights & cuddled up next to Nat. That night, I dreamed about the baby shower. All of my friends were there, Nat was there, his whole family was there too. Nat & I were so happy about the arrival of the triplets. I woke up at two in the morning, feeling... hungry. I turned to Nat, & he was fast asleep. I wanted to wake him up, but he's a pretty deep sleeper, & most of all, he was SO adorable when he's asleep! I tried to wake him up by shaking him & whispering his name. Nothing happened. I looked around the room seeing nothing around me. I looked back at my husband & decided to get up myself. I got out of bed & quietly walked out of Nat & I's bedroom. I went into the kitchen & opened up the refridgerator. There wasn't a lot in there because most of the food in there was for tomorrow. I looked in the cabinets & decided to make some toast. After I ate my toast, I felt tired again, but I didn't feel like getting up at this point. I sighed. This was one of the struggles of being pregnant with multiples. I put my head down on the kitchen table & fell asleep.

*The next morning, Nat woke up & went downstairs. He could not believe that his pregnant wife was sleeping in the kitchen.*

*Nat's P.O.V.*

"Kenzie?" I said as I shook her a little bit.

Kenzie opened her eyes & saw Nat next to her."Oh, hey Nat," she said. "What's up?"

"Babe, why were you sleeping in the kitchen?" I asked.

"I felt hungry again last night," said Kenzie.

"Really?" I asked. "Are you sure that I didn't just wake you up?"

"You didn't wake me up this time," said Kenzie. "I really was hungry,"

I laughed. "Okay, whatever you say babe,"

"Besides, if you did wake me up, I'd be in a different room," said Kenzie as she stretched out her arms. "& a more comfortable place where i can lay down,"

"Am I really THAT loud?" I asked.

"Sometimes," said Kenzie. "But I think it's adorable too!"

I smiled & kissed her cheek. "Good,"

*A few hours later, Kenzie & Nat's friends & family arrive at Kenzie's baby shower.*

Everyone was so happy for Kenzie & I & the triplets especially. People were coming up to Kenzie feeling her tummy. She got so much attention, & I just sat there next to her, keeping her company. It felt good though. Kenzie deserves this, & so do the babies. We had gotten so many gifts from my family & friends. It was perfect, & kind of overwhelming too, but in a good way. Kenzie & I are really excited for the babies to arrive. We found out a couple weeks ago that we were having three boys! We have their room all decorated & everything. Since the original nursery was Kassie's room, Kenzie & I made the decision to repaint it from pink, to blue. I thought it would be cool if it had a theme in their room. Kenzie said that she wanted it to be either "Toy Story", or "Finding Nemo". We both chose Finding Nemo. In the end, it looked really awesome. Kassie would have liked it. I know that Kassie only lived a short life, but I miss her a lot. I think about her every day. I always thought that if I ever had a daughter, I would give her piggy-back rides, play princesses together, you know, the ones that are locked up in a tower? Then prince charming would come along & rescue her. I also thought about when she grew up into a young lady, & I would walk her down the aisle when she got married. I wish I could have done those things with her. I know that she's watching Kenzie & I. That's the most important thing. Kassie is at peace now, & she always had been, & always will.