Chapter 57 "Too Many Temper Tantrums"

*After staying at the hospital for three days, Kenzie took Nat home to take care of him & their three children. When they got home, Kenzie helped Nat upstairs into their bedroom.*

                                                                *Kenzie's P.O.V.*

Nat layed down on the bed, looking at me. "I'm so glad to be home once again."

"Me too," I said. 

"When are the kids being dropped off here?" he asked.

"Your mom said they'll be here within the hour," I said.

Nat nodded. "Are you sure you can handle taking care of the triplets & I all at once?"

"I'm sure, Nat," I said, then kissed his cheek. "Before I go downstairs, do you need me to do anything for you?" 

"No, I think I'm alright for now," he yawned. "I think I'll try to get some sleep before you know who come home."

I smiled. "Okay," I whispered. "If you need me, I'll be downstairs."

"Okay," he whispered back. "I love you, Kenzie."

"I love you too, Nathaniel," I said, then left the room.

*45 minutes later, Polly comes over to drop off the triplets.*

"Thanks for watching the kids, Polly," I said.

"You're welcome," she said. "I must say, those kids are quite a handful! I don't know how you & Nat handle those three!"

I laughed. "I don't know how we do it either!" I said. "Once they were brought into this world, we just had that parenting instinct hit us."

"Well, you two are amazing parents," she said. "The boys were great over the past few days."

"They were no trouble at all?" I said. 

"Well, Shane was kind of bratty, but I guess that's the usual with him," she said.

"What did he do?" I asked.

"The other night, he came into Michael & I's room to sleep with us," she said. "Jason was already in bed with us. When I told him that there was no room, he threw a fit! He cried saying that he wished that his daddy was here, because Shane said that Nat would always let him sleep with him at night. But Michael & I have a much different bed than what you guys have, so I ended up moving so then Shane would get his spot, while I ended up on the couch in the living room."

"That's terrible!" I said. "Well, Nat & I are going to have a talk about this with him soon. I hope he learns a lesson from it."

"I hope so too," she said. "Anyways, where is Nat?"

"He's taking a nap upstairs," I said. "You can go see him if you want."

"Oh, that's quite alright Kenzie," she said. "I just remembered that I've got errands to run today."

"Oh alright," I said. "Tell Michael I said hello."

"I will!" she said, then walked out the door. 

As Polly left, I saw the kids digging out their toys from their toy box. I turned on some cartoons for them to watch too, while I began to get lunch started. I then fixed the kids peanut butter & jelly sandwitches. They all seemed to enjoy them, which was great. Nat was still upstairs, napping. I decided to go upstairs to check on him. I creaked open the door. He was awake, checking his phone. Then he noticed me in the doorway.

"Hey babe," he whispered.

"Hey," I said. "Did you have a nice nap?" 

"Uh huh," he said. "Are the kids back yet?"