Chapter 54 "Proof Of My Love"

*It was finally Christmas Eve. Nat was finally ready to give Kenzie the most precious gifts she could ever receive from him. He was a little nervous, but he knew that everything will be okay.*

                                                                  *Nat's P.O.V.*

Christmas eve was finally here again. The triplets were really excited about Santa Clause coming down the chimney & opening their presents. Later in the evening, around seven thirty, my parents came over to Kenzie & I's house to celebrate. I went upstairs to go to the bathroom & fix my hair. I looked at my reflection in the mirror & took some deep breaths. I heard someone knocking on the door. 

"Who is it?" I asked.

"It's just me, honey," said Kenzie. "Are you okay in there? You've been in there for ten minutes."

"Oh yeah, I'm fine," I said. "I, uh, just took a shit." Wait. What the fuck? Kenzie doesn't need to know that! "I'm okay babe, I promise. I'll be downstairs in a minute."

"Oh, okay," she said. "I love you."

"I love you too," I said.

*Nat came out of the bathroom & went downstairs.*

"Hi sweetie," said Kenzie as she gave me a hug.

"Hey honey," I said hugging her back. 

"Is it time for presents now, daddy?" asked Shane.

I looked at Kenzie. "What do you think, Kenzie?"

"I think they've waited long enough," she said. 

I smiled & looked at my sons. "Okay guys, you can open some of your presents now."

"YAY!" yelled the triplets. 

As the triplets were opening their presents, now was my turn to give Kenzie hers. I was starting to get a little bit nervous. What if Kenzie doen't like the reinactment of my proposal to her? I sat next to Kenzie & put my long shaking arm around her.

She turned to look at me. "Nat, are you okay?"

"Uh, yeah I'm fine," I said. "I have something to give you." I handed her the small box that had her necklace inside of it. 

Kenzie smiled at me & opened it. "Aww! Nat, It's beautiful!" she kissed my cheek. "Thank you, Nathaniel.-"

"-That's not all he has for you, Kenzie!" said Alex.

"There's more?" she asked.

I nodded. "Yup," I stood up for a few seconds. "I'll be right back."

"Okay, take your time babe," she said.

I ran back upstairs into Kenzie & I's bedroom. I began to sweat through my shirt & feel a little bit dizzy. My stomach felt like it was twisted in knots. I walked over to the bed & laid down to see if my stomach cramps would lighten up a little, but they wouldn't go away at all. I began to moan Kenzie's name, but she couldn't hear me. Within seconds, I could hear footsteps coming closer into Kenzie & I's bedroom. I sat up holding my stomach, & opened the door. Kenzie was there. Her face looked worried.

"Nat, is something wrong?" she asked. "Why are you holding your stomach & sweating?"

"I think something's wrong, Kenz!" I started to tear up. "My stomach hurts & I can't,-" I paused for a second & collapsed on the floor.

"OH MY GOD!" Kenzie yelled. "NAT? NAT? ANSWER ME! OH MY GOD!"

Alex heard Kenzie screaming & went upstairs into our bedroom. "WHAT HAPPENED?"