Chapter 48 "Why Did You Do It?"

*Nat & Kenzie left the hospital a couple days later. Nat was still beaten up really badly, & his dad called some of the venues that they would have to reschedule Nat & Alex's shows until Nat is able to perform again.*

                                                          *Kenzie's P.O.V.*

When Nat & I got back from the hospital, I took care of him like I always would. I felt really terrible about the whole situation with Margaret & Justin doing all these terrible things to Nat & I's family. Why do all these things keep happening? I haven't done anything to her or Justin, & I'm pretty sure that Nat hasn't done anything either. Whatever. I'm just going to focus on taking care of my family for now.

I decided to clean up our hotel room a little bit while Nat was sleeping in the bedroom. I walked into the bathroom & saw a small towel that had stains on it. I wondered what type of stain that it was. When I picked it up, Nat's razor was underneath it. Why was it covered in blood? I took it into the bedroom & woke Nat up.

"Nat, wake up," I said.

Nat snorted. "Wh-What?" he asked. "Oh, hey babe, what's up?"

"Nat, I found this," I said showing him the bloody towel. "Why is this towel covered in blood? Why is your razor underneath it?"

Nat looked down. "Kenzie, I can explain."

"Please don't tell me," I said. "You didn't cut yourself, did you?"

"I did," he said. "But I had no choice! The kids were missing, I believed that it was my fault that Margaret & Justin did what they did, & what they did to us years ago."

"What do you mean?" I asked. "You didn't do anything wrong to Margaret, did you?"

"No! Of course not," he said. "She was always a bitch to me & my family. When we were still together & I was going to break up with her, she said that if I were to leave her, she would torture me, my wife, my children, everything! I told her that I didn't care, because I thought that she was just saying those things to scare me, which they didn't at first, but now they do."

"Well, babe, cutting yourself doesn't solve anything," I said. 

"I know," he said. "I'm sorry Kenzie."

"It's alright," I said, putting the towel back in the bathroom & throwing away the razor. "I'm sorry for waking you up & getting upset."

"It's fine babe," he yawned, stretching out his arms. "Ooh!"

"Are you okay?" I asked.

"Yeah," he said. "I'm still really sore,"

"Aww, I'm sorry sweetie," I said, laying down next to him.

Nat cuddled up next to me, & I stroked his hair. I could feel Nat breathing against my shirt, & he slowly fell back to sleep. I heard a knock on the door. I quietly got up & opened it. It was Alex.

"Hey Alex," I whispered. "Come inside, but be quiet because Nat is sleeping."

"Thanks Kenzie," he said. 

"What's up?" I asked.

"Besides watching your children with my parents, nothing much," he said. "Except, I hate my room."

"What's wrong with it?" I asked.

"My neighbors keep me awake at night," he said. "I haven't slept in five days."

"Well, have you talked to your parents if you could move in with them?" I asked.

"No," he said. "I probably shouldn't, either. My dad is pretty loud too."