Chapter 14 "Margaret's Revenge"

*The next morning, Nat wakes up, seeing Kenzie cuddled up next to him, asleep. He got up quietly out of bed, wearing nothing else but his underwear, he kissed Kenzie on her forehead, & then Kenzie woke up.*

*Nat's P.O.V*

"Good morning, beautiful," I said as I kissed her cheek.

"Hi sweetie," said Kenzie.

"Did you sleep okay last night?" I asked.

"Yeah, I guess," Kenzie sighed.

"What's wrong?" I asked.

"I'm still a little bit upset about,-" said Kenzie.

I cut her off. "Don't be upset," I said. "You only have a few weeks left until you leave for your tour, I don't want to see you upset before you leave, I want to see you, happy,"

"I know," said Kenzie. "I'll try to not worry anymore about this situation,"

"You promise?" I asked.

"Yes," said Kenzie.

Kenzie & I got up & out of bed a few minutes later. We went downstairs & I made us both breakfast. It was quiet, until I heard footsteps coming down the stairs, it was Alex.

"Morning Nat, morning Kenzie," said Alex.

"Good morning," said Kenzie & I.

"Are Mom & Dad back yet?" asked Alex.

"I didn't know they left," I said.

"They left yesterday after you two left, I guess they were having date night again," said Alex.

"How long will they be gone?" I asked.

"They said they would be gone for a couple days," said Alex. "Anyways, I'm going to the skate park with Michael today, I'll be back later,"

"Oh, okay, be careful," I said. "I want you home before it gets dark!"

Alex slammed the door before I could finish my sentence.

"I'm gonna take a shower & get ready for the day," said Kenzie.

"Okay," I said. "I'm probably going to head to the store really quick, since my parents are gone, Do you want anything?"

"No, I'm okay, but maybe on your way back, you could get me starbucks!" said Kenzie.

"Okay," I said. "I love you!"

"I love you too!" said Kenzie.

*As Nat left to go to the store, Margaret was hiding behind a bush. She waited for Nat to leave. Once Nat left, Margaret when into his parent's apartment complex, but she then realized she didn't have a key to get into their apartment room.*

"Hey you there!" said the doorman.

"Who Me?" asked Margaret.

"Young lady, what do you think you are doing? Do you live here?" asked the doorman.

"My ex-boyfriend Nat does, I'm coming over to get my things back," said Margaret.

"I just saw Nat leave a few minutes ago," said the doorman.

"What about his brother, Alex?" asked Margaret.

"He left as well," said the doorman. "Maybe you should come back later in the afternoon,-"

Margaret got furious. She punched the doorman in the face & grabbed him by his shirt. "Listen here old man, all I need is to go up to Nat's apartment & get my things that I have left there," said Margaret. "If you don't let me into his apartment, then you will only have less than five seconds to live, got it?"

"Y-Yes Ma'am," said the doorman.

*In the apartment, Kenzie gets out of the shower & puts her clothes on. Some of Margaret's belongings are in Nat's room. Once Kenzie comes out of the bathroom, Margaret is there.*

"What the hell are you doing here?" asked Margaret.

"I'm staying here with Nat, what the hell are you doing here? Who let you in here?" asked Kenzie. "I'm calling the cops!"

Margaret walked towards Kenzie & grabbed her by the neck. "WHERE IS NAT?" asked Margaret.

"I-I don't know!" said Kenzie as she started struggling to breathe.

"YES YOU DO! WHERE THE HELL IS HE?" Margaret yelled while choking Kenzie even harder.

*A few minutes later, Alex comes back home with his friend Michael Chen. He heard screaming coming from Nat's bedroom. Alex & Michael ran quickly upstairs & saw what Margaret was doing.*

"LET HER GO!" Alex screamed.

"ALEX!" cried Kenzie.

Michael go call Nat!" said Alex.

"Okay!" said Michael C.

"A-ALEX! HURRY!" cried Kenzie. "I CAN'T HARDLY BREATHE!"

"Let her go Margaret!" said Alex. "NOW!"

"NO!" said Margaret.

*Michael saw Nat enter the apartment complex.*

"Nat hurry! Margaret broke into your house & she has Kenzie & Alex!" said Michael.

"WHAT?" I yelled. "OH MY GOD!"

*Nat & Michael arrive back in the apartment. Nat sees Margaret choking Kenzie.*

"LET GO OF HER!" I screamed.

"Where the hell were you?" asked Margaret.

"Leave Kenzie alone! She didn't do anything to you!" I said.

"YES SHE DID!" said Margaret. "SHE TOOK YOU AWAY FROM ME! SHE DESERVES TO DIE!"

I couldn't take this any longer! I ran towards Margaret & we started to fight. "ALEX CALL THE COPS!" I screamed.

Margaret was a lot tougher than I was. I was in so much pain. I kept feeling that I was going to throw up. Until all of a sudden, she stopped punching & kicking me. The cops had come so quickly. I was out of breath, but all I could think about was Kenzie.

"Kenzie?" I yelled. "Kenzie, where are you?"

"NAT!" said Kenzie as she'd lay on my bedroom floor.

"Kenzie!" I cried. "I'm so sorry! I shouldn't have left you here all by yourself!"

"Nat, I-I c-can't breathe!" whispered Kenzie as her voice sounded weaker & weaker.

"Kenzie, don't go!" I cried even more.

Kenzie looked at me for a second, & then she slowly passed out.

"Kenzie? KENZIE! OH NO!" I screamed. "HELP! ALEX! MICHAEL! SOMEONE HELP!"

*Alex & Michael & a police officer came into Nat's bedroom & saw Kenzie passed out.*

"Oh my god!" said Alex.

"She's not breathing!" said Michael C.

"We have to get her to the hospital!" said the police officer. "I already have an ambulence waiting outside, hurry!"

I carried Kenzie outside & put her inside the ambulence. I rode along with her so that I could be there with her. This was terrible! This was all my fault. Kenzie & I won't be together because of her tour, & my movie job. Kenzie might not even live to go on her first tour either! I am such a bad person!