Chapter 52 "Christmas Trees & Mistletoe"

*Nat, Kenzie, Alex, & the triplets drove to a Christmas tree lot that was about an hour & a half drive away from Nat & Kenzie's home. As they drove up to the lot, Alex was keeping the triplets occupied while Nat was driving & Kenzie was in the passenger's seat.*

                                                               *Nat's P.O.V.*

Today, the family & I are about to go find our Christmas tree. One of Kenzie's family traditions was that her & her family would get their tree the day right after Thanksgiving, so that's what we've decided to do for our own family. I've been thinking about what to give Kenzie for Christmas. I haven't quite decided on what to actually give her yet, but hopefully I'll think of something special to give her. Kenzie & I had a conversation about it last night before we went to bed. She asked me what I wanted for both Christmas & my birthday, since my birthday is the week before Christmas. I told her that she didn't have to get me a lot of things because she has already given me the best gifts that I could ever receive. She's given me love, sex, three wonderful children, & most importantly, herself. I am so incredibly lucky to have Kenzie in my life. She's everything that I've ever wanted in a girl, & I have her. I'll have her forever & ever, til death do us part. Even when we're both passed, we will still be in love with each other.

When we arrived at the lot where all the Christmas trees were, it took us about twenty minutes to find the perfect one. Then again, it took Alex & I about another half an hour to attach the tree to the top of the car. The tree wasn't too big or too small, which was great. Once we had arrived back home, a couple of Kenzie & I's bodyguards came out to help Alex & I get the tree set up inside the house. Then, we grabbed some boxes of ornaments & lights, & then we all decorated our tree. It was beautiful! Kassie would love it. As I put the star on top of the tree, I got a little emotional. I missed Kassie so much. Everyone does. I mean, it's nice that her spirit would come to visit Kenzie & I, but it would've been better if she was actually here with us. I stepped down from the ladder, wiped the tears from my eyes, & went over to the couch next to Kenzie & sat down.

"Are you okay, sweetie?" she asked. "You look a little down."

"I miss Kassie, a lot," I said. "I miss her so much, Kenzie."

Kenzie put her arm around me & I rested my head on her shoulder. "I know you do, Nat,"

"Every year, especially around this time, I get really sad because she's not physically here with us in the real world," I said wiping more tears. "It's just so hard not to think about her, you know?"

"Yeah," she said, then began to stroke my hair. "I know just how you feel, honey. But, we will get through this somehow."

"You think so?" I asked.

Kenzie nodded. "It'll just take time."

"Okay," I whispered, then I gave Kenzie a kiss. "I love you, Kenzie."

Kenzie smiled at me. "I love you too, Nathaniel Marvin Wolff."

I smirked. "You're so cute when you call me by my full name."

"I know!" she laughed & kissed my forehead.

Shane ran towards Kenzie & I. "Mommy, are you putting daddy down for a nap?"

"No she's not," I said. "Mommy & I were just talking about something."

"Talking about what?" he asked.

Kenzie & I looked at each other. "Oh nothing," I said. "Just grown up people stuff."

"Oh," he said. "Well, daddy, can I have a piggy back ride now?"