Chapter 64 "That's How It Is"

*A few years had gone by. Kenzie & Nat's children were now in first grade. Alex still lived with Kenzie & Nat. Margaret & Justin were still serving jail time.*

                                                               *Nat's P.O.V.*

I haven't heard anything about Margaret or Justin, besides them still being in jail. I was glad that they were finally caught by the police. 

This morning, after I dropped the kids off at school, I told Kenzie that I would meet her in our personal gym at the house. As I drove up into the driveway, I got out of the car, went inside the house & changed my clothes. Then, I went downstairs in the workout room.

"You're back!" said Kenzie, walking towards me, then kissed my cheek.

"Yup," I said. "I missed you."

"I missed you too, honey," she said.

"So, what have you done so far?" I asked.

"I ran on the tredmill for a little while," she said. "I think I'm going to find something to eat really quick, do you need anything?"

"No thanks babe," I said. "I think I'll start lifting my weights now."

"Okay," she said, then kissed my lips. "I love you, Nathaniel."

"I love you too, Kenzie," I said, smiling at her.

As my wife, Kenzie walked out the door, I went over to where the weights were at. I picked up the ten pounder one first. That one was too easy for me to lift, so I picked up the fifteen pounder. Still no difference with the ten ponder one. Then, I picked up the thirty pounder. Man, this one was HEAVY! I slowly lifted the weights in each hand. I could feel drips of sweat coming from my forehead. While lifting the weights for about ten minutes, I think I got the hang of it. I stopped for a few seconds to put my headphones on, then I went back to my workout. 

*While Nat was working out, Alex walked into the room.*

"Hey Nat," said Alex. "Do you know where my other sock went? You know, the white ones, with the red stripes?"

"LET IT GO! LET IT GO! CAN'T HOLD IT BACK ANYMORE!" I sang at the top of my lungs.

"Nat?" asked Alex, then he poked the back of my shoulder. I jumped. I didn't know that he was there behind me, I had dropped one of my weights on my foot & screamed.

"OW! WHAT THE FUCK?" I yelled, then I sat down on the floor, grabbing ahold of my foot. "OW! OW! OW!"

"OH MY GOD!" yelled Alex. "Nat, I am so sorry!"

"WHAT THE FUCK IS YOUR PROBLEM ALEX?" I screamed. 

"I just wondered if you knew where my other sock was, that's all," he said, then offered his hand to me. "Here, I'll help you up.-"

"-No, no, you've already done enough damage," I said.

"I'm just trying to help!" he said. "Just give me your hand, please!"

Kenzie walked into the room, then she saw me on the ground & ran to my side. "Oh my goodness!" she said. "Nat, are you alright?"

I looked at her. "No," I said. "I dropped a thirty-pounder on my foot because SOMEBODY thought that it was okay to inerrupt my workout!"

"I already said I was sorry, Nat!" said Alex. "What else do you want from me?"

I rubbed my right foot, as tears were about to come out from my eyes. I stayed silent & shook my head.

"I'll help you get up," said Kenzie.

I wrapped my arms around her neck. "Please be careful, Kenz."