Chapter 4.1: Special guests

Dear mother and father in another world!

Things in the manor have grown surprisingly peaceful over this past week or so... I can't say that I am not enjoying it... 

Dante surprisingly made a quick recovery from his sickness... in fact it was more than a day or so before he was back to his rather intimidating and bossy self that would look upon my literary skills with disdain...  that being said...
"You got this sentence wrong you fool!" Dante pointed at my error with a domineering glare over me as I looked to the clear mistake with a timid expression of shame on my face.
"Ahahahaha... it seems I have..." I replied, getting ready for him to absolutely tear me a new one over it... however, the usual tirade of insults didn't really seem to come... instead Dante appeared to death glare me for a little longer... before going back to his own work.
"If you understand then don't make the same mistake again..." Dante responded in a more calm tone, leaving me to make another attempt, much to my surprise...  I looked back to my sheet of paper a rather underwhelmed expression on my face... it may just be my imagination... but as I looked at the little note marking my mistake and how to correct it, it passed my mind briefly, that maybe he was being a little less mean to me now? I mean he was still mean, but at the very least he didn't completely diminish my efforts like he used to...

As usual we were sat within the library room the prince had to himself- it seemed to be his favourite place to hang out in and probably hide in... I noticed he came into this room alot if Lady Irian looked particularly more restless that day. Though he did try to sign some of his papers, he seemed to spend more time slacking off reading or laying about than anything... part of me wondered how somebody so lazy could be teaching me anything, but maybe it was the fear of having my work burned before me again that was keeping me on my toes... So many lost paper brothers to the unmerciful flames of that young tyrant... so many hours of work...

It was as I go lost in my own self pitiful mourning for my lost pieces of work that Hugo walked past me with a book of his own... before he glanced over my shoulder, giving a fairly surprised expression.
"Your writings getting better Miss Silverston, I'm impressed!" Hugo commented from beside me, taking a closer look at my work, my eyes lighting up to this statement.
"You really think so??" I asked enthusiastically, desperate for some validation after Dante's constant shoot downs. Hugo nodded at me with a smile and I could almost say I was happy- if not for the perhaps to be expected side comment from the jerk prince-
"If that impresses you then there really isn't any hope for her..." Dante noted, my joy quickly turning to a death glare to the prince, who probably did notice my glares of disdain, but couldn't really care any less about them. I said he was less mean, not that he was nice okay!

Though I guess part of the reason he was less harsh with me was probably because my writing seemed at least somewhat eligible now. I still had the writing skills and the sentence structure understanding of a small kid- however I wanted to say I levelled up maybe to a smart small kid! What's more even if my writing was still lacking behind, my reading and comprehension skills seemed to be steamrolling ahead. Maybe it was the fact that I used to read alot- the fact that I tried to translate english vn's in my own time actually helped me in converting the writing at least to the spoken language in my head. It wasn't anything amazing and by the standards of the nobles around me I was probably still illiterate as all heck, but I was starting to follow some things. Which meant I was going to start phase two of my plan as we speak...

I found myself getting up from my work space and slowly inching towards the prince, remaining quiet as I did so. I honestly didn't know how to be up front with these things so I usually just awaited for him to notice like some little kid staring at someone's food. It seemed this tactic usually worked as Dante was quick to give me a corrosive glare upon my incessant staring.
"You better have a damn good reason to be staring at me like that or I'll poke your eyes out..." He instantly got defensive- I'd prefer you didn't do that actually sir...