Chapter 5.5: The manor ball 1

It was a bright an early morning; the people of the manor were bustling about. It was all hands on deck for most the staff, brooms were sweeping, decorations were being placed and the new manor exclusive, Purrin, was being made. Everyone was very focused and serious about their tasks! And I...

"Your highness, if you turn this letter upside down it looks sort of like a eagle taking flight!!" I declared, turning over a piece of paper at him with austere expression on my face!

The prince just looked in my direction, already looking rather tired for this time of the day, not even making a comment this time as it was Hugo who actually decoded to bring it up, not long having come into the study room.
"Your highness, what is Miss Silverston doing...?" He questioned as the prince's head slacked side ways a little as he tried to muster the energy to even dignify trying to explain my actions.
"Don't bring it up, she's been like this all morning... something about greeting today with fun energy or something... I threatened to burn her and it just made things worse..." Dante began to mutter to himself, turning back to his papers. Hugo gave a confused expression before looking back to me as I started to break out into some morning callisthenics to really try get my day rolling.
"I... I see..." he muttered, not even sure how to take this himself. He hadn't seen the prince look quite so defeated before.

That was right!

Dearest mother and father in another world,

Today I have decided to give it my all, in my official make the prince so happy and or distracted that he forgets all his current problems to avoid our death flags plan- abbreviated to Prince happy, forget deathy plan for short.

Allow me to explain, it started off last night whilst I was talking to Sana.

"Annie! I can't wait for you to see the dress design I made for you! I think you will think its really cute!" Sana chimed to me as we settled down for bed- this had been the tenth time she mentioned it this evening.
"I'm sure it will look great Sana" I replied with a smile, trying to match her enthusiasm.  "You really are looking forward to this ball aren't you?" I brought up as Sana nodded firmly, sparkles glistening in her eyes.
"Yes, is it that obvious?" She asked-  it's practically radiating off you.   Though it was due to me asking this that she gave me an inquisitive look.  "Aren't you excited too?" She inquired as I looked up thoughtfully to this. 
"Ah no it's not that, I'm really looking forward to the afterparty... lets see... I'm just hoping I survive to the afterparty..." I mentioned, half joking to the matter as Sana seemed a little confused as to what I meant.  I shook my head before looking back to her with a meek smile.  "I've been impressed by how everyone has been working.  I helped make some food today that his highness may like, but I wonder if it is enough..." I mentioned as Sana seemed to give a small understanding gasp.
"Oh, I get it, it's this sort of situation huh?" She mumbled-  what exactly are you getting from this Sana?  For some reason I couldn't see it being a good thing.   "Well,  if you made it he will definitely like it... probably..." Sana started off strong with words of encouragement but it seemed as her own thought caught up with her she backed out last second.  Probably huh?  I gave a small sigh.
"I really want to make the ball something for his highness to enjoy, its my top priority right now... but part of me is now wondering if Purrin is enough... If he's in a bad mood, the food may not even taste good to him... " I commented, digging myself deeper into a pit of self doubt as Sana seemed to ponder to herself for a moment... before she then beamed at me.
"Well... If you put your energy into it like you usually do... maybe even more so, I think even his highness will find it hard not to be a little excited.  It may warm him up to the ball more!" Sana explained as I sat up to this.  That did actually sound like a good plan-  like my plan to distract him but in overdrive-  on one hand it could annoy him... though he may even be too annoyed at me to hate the ball... and on the other he may actually brighten up to it-
"Sana you are a genius!" I told her, putting my thumb up as she gave a shy giggle. 
"It's nothing really!  I'd say it will definitely turn out well... Probably..." her eyes slowly turned to the right.
Yeah... probably...