Chapter 5.3: An apology, a rumour and a ball..?

Dearest mother and father in another world!

Your dear daughter just now has come up with a plan to avoid certain demise by the hands of  the spoilt prince that she serves under. It isn't the most grand of plans- it is simply finding a way to make the stubborn prince stop frowning- maybe even give a smile!

Some may say it is impossible! With these ever so charming flashback visions that come to my mind whilst I think this plan through. Of the prince in every instance I am with him giving me a glare that could already wipe out a country and the only smile him ever giving spelling out certain disaster- certainly my resolve may ever so slightly waver. However! Your daughter is ever the fighter, someone who certainly will find a way- so please do be wishing me your best!

This ends my letter from the heart to you recalling todays events- thank you for hearing me out as always!

Ready to end my day whilst walking to my maid chambers, I took a deep breath once more-

"Alright! Lets! Go! An-"
"Miss Silverston, there you are!"
"-NYARGGHHHHHHHH"

My daily mind wishes to my parents back in my home world were very quickly interrupted by a scream, after a nonchalant Hugo as per usual seemed to come out before me from nowhere; the fright being enough to send me springing forwards with a crash... sorry dearest mother and father in another world, it seems I tried to end my day too early...

"Ah sorry Miss Silverston, I didn't mean to catch you off guard at all..." Hugo commented as he knelt next to me, giving me a moment to collect myself as I sat up.
"No... It was my fault for expecting my evening to be uneventful, sorry..." I mentioned gloomily to myself as Hugo tilted his head to this. I shook my head looking over to him. "I mean- I wasn't really paying attention to what I was doing, my minds been kind of elsewhere lately! I didn't really sleep well last night" I gave a more sincere response with a stiff laugh as Hugo simply nodded at this.
"Well, I did run up to you out of nowhere..." He admitted- you certainly did!! Though I guess this was something I had to get used to from now on. Afterall this was the manor house of many weird passageways.

I got up and dusted myself off before looking to Hugo with a curious expression.
"Anyway, you needed me Sir Hugo?" I questioned as for a moment Hugo didn't say anything, seeming to hesitate on bringing something up for a moment as he stared at me... before he then shook that thought off with a small smile-
"Actually theres a few small things. Should we pick a better space to talk?" He questioned with a rather carefree smile.

It was with this however, that we now found ourselves on one of the small balconies in the manor that stood at the end of one of the hall lounge areas. I hadn't quite realised how late it had gotten whilst being in the library till now, it was now sundown. This was a pretty fancy place to have a talk, so even if it was all, it had to be sort of important... maybe he had to tell me about the prince's behaviour lately... or maybe he took me to a balcony to execute me on the prince's orders... maybe that thank you earlier-

'Your services are no longer needed anymore, thank you and goodbye...' Geez... Curse this imagination of mine. My mind always thought up of the most terrible scenarios; I could hear a cold voiced Dante in my mind translate what that one thank you could have been to a scenario of him clapping and summoning Hugo to finish me off... I mean such things were incredibly unlikely- however given how my time at the manor had been in the past, nothing was truly that impossible anymore-

"Miss Silverston?"
"Kya! Yes I'm listening!!" I stood to attention, once again my worst case scenario affecting my responses too much. Hugo seemed a little startled- but I guess this wasn't too abnormal for him at this point, considering he just continued as if it didn't happen. He then suddenly handed me over a letter.
"Uh yes, well this is for you. It got delivered earlier whilst I was out, though it's addressed to you!" Hugo then explained as I found myself taking the rather fancy looking envelope from his hands. This wasn't just your standard looking letter, the paper seemed to be a high quality, whats more this envelope seemed to be sealed by quite the fancy looking purple seal... Who would write me a message of all people?