Chapter 4.2: scapegoat

There was a loud sudden crash filled with the shattering of china and the splatter of liquid. This noise was soon accompanied by the  sound of heckling laughter as now drenched Astaria now sat bewildered against a wall, the flowers from the vase  thrown at her now drooping over her head.
"Geez, she didn't even try to dodge that... she was lucky her ladyship was merciful or that vase would have smacked over her head!" One girl wearing a rather fancy looking dress school uniform cackled to herself. 
"I doubt that anyone would really care if she did get hit in the head though.... though you didn't hear me say that..." Another girl jeered, knowing talking loud enough for Astaria to hear. The two girls continued to heckle and jeer at the rather shaken girl, as a much more elegant voice spoke up instead.
"Please, I would never dream of such a thing, dirtying my noble name like that would be terrible, it was simply an accident..." the voice announced with a profound sigh as Astaria looked up to the one talking. The girl talking was a very beautiful one, with long red curly hair that fell down to her waist, wearing a very expensive looking purple dress. Her deep brown eyes almost pierced through Asatria as they looked down on her, despite them being so pretty and doll like. This girl looked so very beautiful... however she gave off the presence of something much more fearsome. This was the school queen bee Meridaya Albuenes, the most respected of the girls within the school, especially for her status as both the prime ministers daughter and as a fiance to the royal name...

Meridaya seemed to stare as Astaria almost emptily for a while... before then reaching out her hand to the girl, putting on a small smile.
"My bad, do you think you can stand?" Meridaya questioned as for a moment Astaria was at a loss for things to say... Sher hadn't quite comprehended what had happened in that so called accident just now.  Though she was quick to react as one of the girls beside Meridaya began to complain.
"Geez maybe she really did hit her head?"
"O-Oh sorry... no I'm just a bit dazed..." Astaria replied meekly, taking the soon to be duchesses hand, Meridaya's expression not changing to this blunder Astaria made. 
"No, that is to be expected, afterall, this was quite the accident..." Meridaya mentioned as she pulled Astaria to her feet. "I promise, I'll be careful to make such a blunder again..." She went on before pulling close to Astaria's ear.  "That is so long as you don't make the blunder of getting close to my fiance or his brother again..." She then went on to whisper as Astaria at first didn't react to these words- honestly being too surprised that they had been spoken to begin with, Meridaya then pulled away from Astaria, a cunning smile appearing upon her face, the other girls snickering from beside her. Meridaya fetched out her fan, placing it to her mouth before walking away.
"Do get yourself cleaned up. If you enter class looking like that, surely you'll make both yourself and your family name a laughing stock amongst other nobles..." She commented, her lackeys following close behind her with an array of malicious giggling. 
"Not that she isn't already!" the one sneered.
"Shh, the teachers will hear us!" 

Astaria remained stood in place, looking down to the broken china on the floor beneath her with a empty and lost expression on her face.  It had only been her first week in this school.... and already she found herself hated by some of the most esteemed people within this school. She wondered... if she ever should have come here to begin with... She went to lean down to pick up the shards of the vase as a voice then spoke up as her fingers traced the shard, making her flinch.
"So that's all the fight that you have in you....?" Came a familiar cold toned voice her, Astaria looking up... a cut had appeared upon her fingers as a a tail of blood began to trickle gently down it- it being as crimson as the sharp ruthless eyes looking back at her... "Defenceless people like you irritate me..." Were the uncaring words of the tyrant prince Dante, who had watched the scene unfold without interuption....

Tyrant King- chapter 1.6- END

*************

Dear mother and father in another world.