Chapter 4.3: Royalty for... a few hours..?

Tmp tmp tmp tmp tmp

An impatient foot rattled off of the floor of a rather luxurious office, accompanied along with a deep and very obvious sigh. Marcello looked to his right from the comfy high class sofa he was sat on with a rather awkward expression on his face, before slowly reaching for his tea to help space some of the tension.

Meridaya now sat beside him, an intense and unsatisfied frown upon her face. Now that nobody was inside this room, she had dropped any lady like facade she had put up for the head maid and general and now she say lounged back, arms crossed on the same sofa that Marcello sat on, huffing and puffing up a storm.

The head maid had quickly shown them to a room in the manor and checked inside it before they entered, entering as though there was someone meant to be in there... but it was a given by how ashen the head maid had suddenly gotten that the person in question was not there.  She popped her head back round the door to them before they entered, with a smile that had 'oh no' written all over it. 
"His highness will be with you momentarily..." were the maids rather strained calm words to the two kids, before she then pushed them within the office room and frantically scurried off... she hadn't returned since and now they had been waiting here quite a while... it seemed pretty obvious that a similar event to what happened last time was at play here... 

Marcello glanced back over to Meridaya, a rather concerned expression on his face as he saw how irritated she was getting... it was clear what the prince's views were on her by the fact that he didn't want to see her... but she was a very headstrong person...
"S-Say... my lady..." Marcello began as Meridaya snapped a little to the broken silence.
"What?!" She asked grumpily as Marcello questioned to himself whether or not he should shake the bee hive on this one... before he then gave a rather sympathetic expression.
"D-don't you think we should maybe call it a day? It seems we came at a busy time for his highness and... to come here without your father is-" Marcello brought up quietly, though his reasoning was all too quickly shot down by the young girl.
"I came here requesting that prince's company directly!  I'm going to be his future wife aren't I?  He should be dedicating all his time for me, not doing what he is doing now!!" She declared in a rather ill tempered fashion as Marcello could only let Meridaya rant on and let out her frustrations to herself.  "Making a beautiful girl like me wait here on him.  Royalty or not, any courteous man would be fashionably early to an event like this!  Especially for someone as pretty as me, don't you agree Marcello?!" She then pumped her arms up and down in strop before looking back to her advisor and pointing to herself as self assured as she could possibly be.
"You are indeed very beautiful my lady... I agree, any good guy would devote all their time to you..." he nodded, his expression becoming rather mixed as he said this.  Meridaya thought on Marcello's response a little... before the thought on it made her even angrier than before, the girl turning her head away in a huff.
"In any case, I refuse to go back home until he makes the time to actually see me!  As his fiancé I should be able to stay here as long as I like!!" She made her resolution uprightly, her brow creasing as she mumbled on to herself. "I refuse to believe that something as simple as a maid could take more his personal time than someone as pretty as me..."

Marcello could on give a awkward smile to his mistresses rants.  She certainly was much different to her facade she put off to others around her when she was mad... his smile faded as he glance over to the clock in the room.  Still though, this was getting tiresome... Prince Dante huh...? Marcello already decided he didn't really like him...

It was as this thought passed him mind that there was a sudden creak come from the doorway, much to their surprise.  There was a sudden scrambling noise from beside Marcello as he looked to his left... only ti see the once stropping noble girl now sitting elegantly to attention, merely flicking a hair strand from out her face... it was like the girl muttering ill will under her breath never existed at all...
'If only you could be a little more honest with yourself my lady...' he thought to himself sympathetically.