Chapter 1.6: A maid vs the storm part 3

****
Sana stood rather timidly in the hallway, Dante remaining in his doorway  with his arm placed before him, the two had acquired quite a crowd around them.
"I thought I told you to stop trying to enter here, once more and I will call the guards on you!" Dante told the girl firmly as Sana stood her ground.
"I-I won't stop until you stop to consider what I said!"
"I considered it just now and it's still no..." Dante responded as one of the maids called over to Sana.
"Sana,  please stop, Lady Irian is already on her way, if you continue you will also be thrown in jail!" The maid told her as Sana shook her head fiercely.
"He can do that but keeping Annie in there is too cruel now!" Sana argued as Dante simply plugged his ears to the matter.
"Too loud..." he muttered...

It was at this point that I had started to approach the scene. I could see Sana and Dante in the distance but what stood out more than them was the tension in the room. Sana, as sweet as you are, and as oblivious as you can sometimes be, please don't put yourself in situations like this, it's no good for my heart!! I stopped as I tried to figure out what to do. Should I just walk right up to them an announce that I am free... maybe that would be too nonchalant, if he wasn't distracted enough, we'd both be punished... maybe I should run in there wildly and declare a battle on the prince? That might shift his anger enough... It was as I was trying my best to work out what to do that I heard Sana continue talking.
"Look, Annie can be quite outspoken and clumsy at times... and sometimes she says things that makes no sense sometimes..." she began as I got stabbed a little by those words. I mean it wasn't a lie but still... Sana however continued which I didn't know whether I wanted her to do so or not after her opener. "But, Annie is also a honest hardworker like the rest of us... and she is also my dear friend... I know she wouldn't do what she did without good reason so..." Sana mentioned seriously as it seemed the wounds from her previous statement had begun to vanish. I really didn't give the people I gad befriended here enough credit... maybe it was time that I started to take this new life and the new friends I made here a bit more seriously... Sana then bowed her head to the prince. "Please, I was the one in charge of looking after her this month, allow me take responsibility and take place at least!!" She then begged the prince much to my surprise... Sana...

"Miss Silverston, you are there!" I heard from behind me as I turned to see Hugo catching up to me from down the hallway.
"Sir Hugo, you made it thank goodness..." I began when in my distraction I heard the group that had gathered to watch begin to mutter. I turned back to the scene to see Dante holding a metal pole before him to a rather confused Sana.
"Hmm, you want to take her place huh?" He questioned, a very familiar flicker showing in his eye. One that instinctively put me on guard and somewhat annoyed me. Dante then gave a smile to Sana, tilting his head. "Okay then, if you are so determined, take this pole, climb above the roof of the manner and hold it up in the highest place!" Dante demanded her, much to the shock of everyone in the room. Even the boy who usually smile through things like this Hugo seemed a little take back by the request. The young knight covered his mouth and glanced to his side muttering in a quiet and concerned tone.
"That's a bit..."

It was almost the same as what he had started to make me do and though I found the situation awful for myself- for some reason, I was alot more angry about someone else having to do it in my stead than I was myself. Sana seemed very hesitant to his request which I really did not blame her for, the room muttering more as Dante scoffed. This brat...
"What?" He asked in a demeaning way as I clenched my fist. "I thought you were willing to take responsibility?" He went on as Sana winced to this, taking a deep breath and going to speak... however in the few seconds she had wince it had seemed that when she looked back properly he had vanished... instead he was replaced by me.

THUD

CLATTER

I had quite literally torpedo'ed into the royal ass before Sana could come up with a retort, my actions leaving the room dumbfounded, the only noise in the room aside from the prince's stumbled thudsteps being the clatter of a fallen metal pole.