Chapter Twelve

Monday October 12, 2020

Olamide's POV

The moment Ayomide's food pours on Fikayo, the whole cafeteria booms with laughter. After few seconds, Fikayo runs out crying. I look at Ayomide, expecting him to go after her to apologize but he doesn't. Instead he allows his bitchy girlfriend, Tolu, to drag him away. That's really low of him. I'm really disappointed . I can't believe that my cousin can be this mean. I'm going to give him a piece of my mind.

"Ayomide i never knew you could stoop this low. Humiliating a poor girl in front of the whole class and you couldn't even apologize. That's really low. I guess this school is starting to get into your head and turning you into a proud fool. You're just a puppet, dancing to the strings of your useless girlfriend." I say to him angrily and walk out of the cafeteria, ignoring the hostel mistress's presence. I need to see Fikayo.

I take hurried steps through the quiet hostel hallway towards my room. I need to see Fikayo. She could be crying right now, I just hope she's Ok. Once I step into the room, I look around, searching for her but the room is empty. Maybe she's in the toilet. I open the toilet door using the key, only to see Fikayo in a worst state than I imagined.

The sight of Fikayo this morning reminded me of the past. My mothers death and my cousins death. But the sight of her right now affects me more than that of this morning. I can feel my heart breaking at the sight of her. I can feel all my walls crumbling, every single fear I managed to overcome. The past comes back rushing into my head.

My mother's death
My cousin's death
The secrets I've tried my best to forget
Fikayo's situation right now

They all have one thing in common and that is BLOOD.

"What do you want, " Fikayo says, looking at me, her hands holding a blade. I look at her, not answering.

"If you have nothing to say, please leave. I don't want you here." She says to me, looking at her bloody fingers.

"Fikayo you shouldn't be doing this" I finally say, with tears in my eyes. Why is she cutting herself? What is she going through? No matter what, she shouldn't cut.

"Olamide please leave me alone. I don't want you here now. Just let me be. Can't everyone just leave me the hell alone? I don't need your pity. I'll live my life the way I want, you're not my mother so you can't tell me what I should do and what I shouldn't do."She shouts at me angrily.

I quietly walk out of the toilet to my bed. Fikayo needs space. I want to help her. I don't want her to end up like my mother or my cousin.

I lay on my bed, tears flowing down my face. I always act like everything is ok with me but the truth is that I'm facing a demon inside me. I can't let anyone know how I feel because I'm meant to comfort them. But who is going to comfort me? Who's going to help me through all this?

Those secrets. They've been a burden on me ever since I found out. I need to talk to someone but can I trust anyone? I'm going to survive. By God's grace.

Third person POV

" I've missed you so much honey" The man says to a woman who Is seated in his laps.

"I've missed you too babe." She says and draws him in for a deep kiss.

" Our plans will soon be complete and we'll be together forever away from here." She says to him after drawing back a little from the kiss.

" And I'll be able to have fun with you without anyone's interference," The man says, pulling her for another kiss.

"Yes baby" she moans.

"How's the fool doing?" The man asked, with a serious face.

" He'll be dead soon. I've been poisoning him gradually for the past one month." She answers, smiling.

"And the will?" The man asks again.

" Don't you trust me baby. All his properties are in my name. Once he is dead, we'll leave." She says and kisses him

Vote Comment Share 💥❤️💋