Chapter Sixteen

Chapter dedicated to elsacanwrite

Tuesday October 13, 2020

Mr Adejare's POV ( Fikayo's father)

"Hello" I say after accepting a call from my secretary.

"Hello Sir." The secretary says over the phone.

"What is it. I thought I told you that I want to be left alone." I yelled at the phone. I've been having aches all over my body for the past two weeks and it's getting worse. I've been busy so I have not gone to an hospital. Maybe it's just because of the stress of work.

"I'm sorry Sir. Someone brought a package for you. It seems important. Should I bring it to you Sir?" My secretary asks. I wonder what this package is about.

"Bring it in now." I say and cut the call.

After few minutes, the door to my office opens and my secretary enters, holding a brown file in his hands.

"This is the package Sir." He says and drops the file on my table.

"You can leave." I say and he walks out of the office. After he leaves, I stretch my left hands to pick the file up.

I open the file and inside it is a picture and a flash. The picture shows my wife kissing anotheran but his face is not showing. Tabitha is cheating on me. After everything I've done for her. After how I took her children as mine.

I take the flash and plug it to my laptop. Inside the flash is an audio. I press play to listen to the audio.

"How's the fool doing?" The audio started with a man's voice.

" He'll be dead soon. I've been poisoning him gradually for the past one month." A woman's voice says. This voice is familiar. It's my wife, Tabitha's voice.

"And the will?" The man's voice sounds again.

" Don't you trust me baby. All his properties are in my name. Once he is dead, we'll leave." Tabitha's voice sounds again.

Who are they talking about? Is it me? Tabitha is planning to kill me for my property. So all the body aches are because of the poison. She won't get what she wants. That's not possible. I need to act fast. There's only one person that I trust. That's Mr. Fabunmi. I need to call him.

I pick my phone from the table and dialed Mr. Fabunmi's number. At the first dial, he picked.

"Hello. David. I need your help right now. Can I see you in my office. It's really important. I'm sorry if I'm disturbing you but this is a life and death situation." I say immediately he picks the call.

"Ok. I'll be on my way." He says and cut the call.

Who could have sent that package. That person must know what's going on. I pick my phone again to call my secretary.

"Come to my office now." I say sternly when he picks the the call.

"Ok Sir." He says and I cut the call.

After about 1 minutes, the door to my office opens and my secretary enters.

"Who brought that package?" I ask immediately.

" A man sir. I have no idea who he is. He just gave me the package to give you and left." He answers, stuttering.

"You're just useless. Get out of my office." I yell and he runs out of the office.

Why did I marry that woman. I knew she was trouble but I still went ahead to marry her. I maltreated my only daughter because of her. I betrayed, Fisayo, my dead wife. God! Now I'm sure Fikayo hates me. There's nothing that I can do to make her see me as her father again. Maybe I deserve to die. I deserve to pay for my sins. Tears drop from eyes and I use my hands to wipe them off.

Suddenly, the door to my office opens and my only friend, Mr Fabunmi enters.

"I came as fast as I could." He says and sits on the chair that's in front of me.

"Thanks. I received a package from an unknown person. Inside the package was a flash which contained an audio. Let me play it for you to hear." I say and I play the audio.

" Isn't that Tabitha's voice." He says in surprise.

" That's exactly why I called you. She wants to kill me. Apparently she had been poinoning me for the past weeks." I say to him.

" You see. I warned you not to marry her. I told you that she's here for your money. But you didn't believe. Now can you see." He says angrily.

" I didn't call you here to make me regret my actions. What is done is done. I just need to find a solution. Besides I know that I deserve to die and I am going to die. But I want my properties to go to my daughter." I say and the tears start again.

"I have treated my daughter badly for the past years. I blamed her for Fisayo's death. I maltreated her. I...I...I'm a useless human being. I supported another woman's children instead of mine. I made my own child feel left out. I'm a de..devil." I cry out, tears gushing out of my eyes.

A phone rings I look to my table to check if it's my own but it's not. It must be David's phone. He doesn't pick it , instead, David stands up and walks to my side. He bends down and pats my back slowly.

"It's Ok Ade. At least you've realized your mistakes. Everything will be alright. First we need to call your lawyer to change your will, just in case." He says.

"Ok." I say and wipe my tears. I pick my phone up to call my lawyer.

"Hello. Lawyer Tade." I say immediately he picks the call.

"Hello Sir." He replies.

"I need you to change my will. Direct all my properties to my daughter, Fikayo. And if anything happens to her, the properties should be given to an orphanage home." I say. That's the best to do.

" Ok sir. I hope there's nothing wrong." He says.

"No , nothing is wrong. I'll send a video saying what I just said to support the will very soon." I say to him.

"Ok sir. I'll do it right away." He says and I cut the call.

Fisayo- Fikayo's mom that died
Tabitha- Fikayo's step mom. The twins mother.
Ayo- Fikayo's Father
David- Sade's Father

Vote Comment Share 💥❤️💋