Chapter Twenty-one

Tuesday October 13, 2020

Tola's POV

"Good job. Good job. Tola. I caught you red handed." The hostel mistress voice echoes in the room, making me to shriek in surprise. I look at Olamide, she's grinning widely at me. Witch, she knew that the hostel mistress was watching, that's why she didn't retaliate. God! The hostel mistress must have seen me slap Olamide.

I turn around, to face the hostel mistress who is looking at me harshly and I cringe at her stare.

"Ma. Can you see the way she slapped me. I didn't do anything to her o. That's also how she punched Fikayo who did nothing to her." Olamide says, sobbing. I'm sure her tears are fake. She's lying but it seems like the hostel mistress had fallen for her lies.

"Ma. It's a lie. I didn't do anything like that. She's lying." I say in an attempt to explain myself but the hostel mistress glares at me, shutting me up.

"Shut up. Do I look like a blind person to you. I clearly saw you slap her face and you are here trying to deny it." She shouts.

"Ma...I'm not trying to..." I try to say but she cuts me off before I can even say anything.

"Keep shut. When I'm talking, you don't talk. You keep shut. You this untrained fool. Your parents did a very bad job in training you. You're so spoilt." The woman yells.

" Why did you slap her?" The woman asks, glaring at me. He gaze is really intimidating.

"Ma,she abused me. That's why I slapped her." I say. I pray she understands me but with the way she is looking at me, I think she doesn't understand.

"See the nonsense that you are saying. You slapped her because she abused you. Are you even matured at all. She abused you, didn't you have mouth to abuse her back. You nau decided to slap her abi." The hostel mistress shouts.

"Ma her words were too extreme..." I say but she interrupts me. Olamide just stands there, secretly smiling. I wish I could kill her right now.

"You'll be dealt with tomorrow. You can both go to your room." The woman says and starts to walk back to the room where they took Fikayo to.

"Ma, before you go. How is Fikayo?" Olamide says, halting the hostel mistress's movement. The hostel mistress turns back and smiles at her.

This girl is stupid o. Why is she calling that useless woman back. I'm sure that shell regret asking that stupid question with the way the hostel mistress will reply her. That woman is too mean

"She's fine." The hostel mistress says, surprising me. Why is she nice to Olamide. What's special about the fool.

"Can I see her?" Olamide asks.

"Not yet. Maybe after school tomorrow." The hostel mistress says and walks away. I'm surprised that she didn't lambast Olamide. That woman is known for being wicked.

Immediately she leaves, I angrily stump out of the sickbay. I walk to my sister's room. On getting there, I knock the door. It's one of my sister's rules. You must knock the door before entering her room, nonsense but I have no choice than to obey. One of her roommates open it and I try to enter but she stops me.

"What's all this rubbish na. Let me enter jhoor." I say to the girl.

"I'm sorry you're not allowed in our room." The girl says, pushing me out. This only happens when Tolu is not in the room or when she is pissed at me. She's probably not in the room.

"Is Tolu in there?" I ask.

"No. She isn't . Now can you leave." The girl says eyeing me.

"You this stupid chicken, you want to send me away from my own sisters room. You better open the door and let me enter before I show you pepper." I say to her. This is something I don't like. Everyone worships my sister. They all respect her but me I'm just a shadow. No-one respects me. Tolu is just to proud of herself. I wish I could be in her position. She just controls my life anyhow. I'm sure if she could hear my thoughts, she'd ruin me.

"Abegi. Which stupid pepper. You better leave here if you don't want trouble. Na who you de call chicken sef. Carry your nonsense body commot for this place before I pounce on you." The girl says. It's better I leave. I don't want another round of beating after the one Olamide gave me.

I walk away from the room towards my own room but on my way, a sound gets my attention. I instinctively walk towards where the sound is coming from, the balcony. I peep inside quietly. It's my Sister and her boyfriend Ayomide. They are kissing.

The sight makes me jealous once again. Why can't I have this? Adura that I like is interested in someone else. We might be dating now but I know he's using me since Sade is not here again. And I accept it since I'm desperate. I feel like going in there and push them apart. No-one should have a perfect love life when I don't have. But then, who am I? I'm no-one. I'm just a shadow of my twin sister.

The sight irritates me So I look away and walk back to my room. Once I enter, Olamide hisses. Stupid girl. I should find a way to treat her fuck up but my sister keeps saying no. Just because she's her useless boyfriend's cousin, mtchewwe.

"You better shut that your useless mouth now. You know that there's no Fikayo to stop me from beating you up." I say to her, walking towards my bed.

"See you. Shebi I was the one beating you up sef. You're supposed to bend your head in Shame. After all the braggado, you can't even fight. Na only to be pushing hand like chicken." Olamide says scoffing. I don't reply, I just lay on my bed, forcing myself to sleep.

Vote Comment share💋💥❤️