Chapter Twenty-four

Tuesday October 13, 2020

Ayomide's POV

"Tolu. Everything will be Ok. I know how it feels to lose a loved one. I know it very well. You'll be fine love." I say, staring at her intensely. I can still remember how things were when my brother died, also when my sister died. I was totally broken back then. They were the closest people to me apart from my cousin. My parents were never there. I later got over their death but it wasn't an easy process.

I'm surprised to see her like this. She has always acted like a strong person. So she has all that inside her. Now I feel bad for treating her like trash. Now I'm feeling like staying with her all the time, to protect her from everything even though there's nothing wrong now.

Suddenly I find myself leaning down towards her face. I stare at her lips and crash my lip on hers. At first she doesn't react, she just stands still. She's probably surprised that I kissed her. I'm also surprised myself. Yes she's my girlfriend but then I never really cared about her until now. I deepen the kiss, forcing her mouth open and she finally reacts, kissing me back passionately.

After minutes of the slow sensational kiss, I pull back, staring at her eyes. She looks at me then she averts her eyes. Is she now shy? That's not the normal her o. She's probably affected by the kiss. Not that we've never kissed before but this one is just different from the others.

"Ehem. I ne..need to go. We'll talk later." She stutters, pulling back totally from me. Before I'm able to answer her, she runs off leaving me alone to my thoughts.

What the heck am I doing. Wasn't it yesterday that I kissed Fikayo? Now I'm here kissing Tolu. God! Why do I feel like I'm leading these girls on. Do I like Fikayo? Am I developing feelings for Tolu or is it just pity?

I raise my hands to rub my forehead. I can't think about this right now. I'll probably talk to Deji about it.

I put my hand down and walk out of the balcony back to my room. Immediately I enter the room, I turn towards Deji's bed only to find it empty.

"Urgg. Where is he now." I say out of frustration, oblivious of the presence of my other roommate Adura.

"He went to receive a call. He should be back soon." Adura's voice sounds quietly, drawing my attention to him. I turn towards his bed. He's just sitted there with a sad expression. What's wrong with him? He's never like this.

"Thanks jare. So what's up with you." I say, sitting on a chair that's beside his bed.

"Nothing." He says.

"Don't tell me nonsense jare. I know something is bothering you." I say to him and he looks up at me with a sad smile.

"Ayomide. I really feel bad right now. I feel like a fool." He says, using his hands to ruffle his hair.

"Why do you feel that way?" I ask him.

"I was fooled. I made a big mistake." He says, taking a deep breath. I stay quiet
It's better to allow him to let it all out without interruption.

"The kiss was fake. The video was fake. It was all fake but I believed it." He shouts.

"I pushed her away. She loved me but I didn't trust her. I believed some bullshit over her words." He says, his eyes are now red.

"Wait, what kiss and video are you talking about?" I ask him, interrupting his breakdown.

"The party that we went to at Tolu's house. I saw her kissing a guy. I was really pissed that I kissed Tola out of anger. Then on Monday she came to apologise to me. I already made up my mind to forgive her but then I received a video of her having sex with a guy. I was really pissed so i ended things with her, even though I still liked her. Today, Toun told me that the video was fake. She said that Tolu and Tola were the ones who made the fake video just because they were jealous of Sade." He says and my mouth opens in surprise. Tolu did such? And I was already warming up to her.

"Are you serious. Tolu did it?" I ask.

"Do I look like I'm lying." He shouts and I shut my mouth.

"I've been trying to call Sade's number but she's not picking my calls. I really hope she's fine." He says, his voice breaking. I've never seen him like this before.

"Guy. I don't know what to say. But it's good the way you know the truth now. Just keep trying I'm sure she'll pick up. You can also send a text message." I say. I don't know how to comfort him. I've never been in this kind of situation before it was always the other way around. I don't know how I was able to comfort Tolu sef.  That reminds me, so Tolu did something as bad as this? Why? And now she seems innocent to me.

"I knew you were not going to be helpful." Adura says and suddenly leaves the room, banging the door behind him.

Why did he leave? Ohh I was caught up in my thoughts instead of comforting him. God! I'm such a fool. I stand up and walk to my bed.

The door to the room opens and Deji enters. His shoulders are drawn downwards and it looks like he is in a bad mood. What's up with everyone around me sulking today.

I sit up from my bed, facing him.

"Deji what's up man. Your face is down. What's wrong?" I ask him.

"I don't want to talk about it." He says, ignoring me and walking towards his bed. Aha na why? I'll make sure he talks to me. It's not nice to keep things inside.

"Noo. Deji. Common tell me. A problem Shared is half solved. I'm ready to hear you out no matter what." I say to him. Me that I wanted to ask him for help with something before. I'll ask him later sha.

"My dad contacted me for the first time." He finally says and I look at him confused.

Vote Comment Share 💥❤️💋