Chapter Thirty-two

Thursday October 15, 2020

Deji's POV

"Just shut up. I won't be fooled by your useless words." She shouts again and my initial care for her leaves. What's her problem sef.

"Na me do mistake. Mtchewwe." I hiss and walk away.

Walking out of the balcony, I get this heavy feeling in my chest like I'm making a mistake. I brush it off and continue my way towards the sick bay.

I need to see the doctor. Ever since that man called me, saying he was my father, things have changed inside me. I've been unable to sleep. My nightmares are back and worse than before.

You know that feeling when you find out that your whole life has been a lie. Finding out that my parents were not my biological parents took a serious toil on me. I noticed the difference between me and my siblings but I didn't count it as something important.

When HE called, he didn't even try to know how I'm doing. He didn't even bother to ask how I felt. He just told me that he's my father and that my mother is dead. It's evident that he hates me. Then why did he try to reach out to me if he doesn't even want me? Why did he have to come into my life at 5his time, to destroy everything. God! I hate him.

"What are you thinking so hard about?" A voice says and I stop walking. I look around, I'm at the entrance of the sickbay. I must have been caught up in my thoughts.

"Let's go inside." The doctor says and we enter the sick bay. We walk quietly to his office. Once we are inside, I take my seat on a couch and he seats on a chair, directly facing me. The couch in this office is damn comfy.

"If I could steal this couch..it'd be very lovely." I say, laughing. He also laughs but then his face changes to a serious one after few seconds.

"Have you been sleeping?" He asks the question that I've been dreading to answer. I keep quiet, not answering him

"Have you been sleeping peacefully?" He asks again. I wish I could say yes. My nights have not been peaceful ever since HIS call. His call just disrupted my life's equilibrium.

"Deji, talk to me. Your eyes are red and filled with dark circles. It's obvious that you've not been sleeping. Aren't you using those pills?" He says again. The pills are not functioning but he doesn't know. The pills are meant to make me sleep but it doesn't work, my nightmares overrides it, keeping me awake.

"It's not working. Nothing is working. It's all his fault. The nightmares stopped before but now because of HIM it's haunting my night." I say and the doctor stays quiet.

"It's all his damn fault!" I yell out, hitting my hands hardly in the couch.

"Let it all out. How do you feel about what's happening to you? About the nightmare? Is there something else bothering you?" The doctor asks and I sigh.

"To be honest, I'm not ok. It pains me that they all lied to me. It pains me that my biological father dosent want me. Everything pains me but what can I do? I just have to live with it." I say in a voice that's barely audible. I'm tired of everything.

"It'll be ok. As for your pills I'll recommend another one for you but it'll not be ready until tomorrow." He says and I nod.

"So..any girl?" He says, smiling at me.

"No...why are you smiling like that, there's no girl jhoor." I say to him, trying my best to sound serious.

" Common tell me about her. I know there's a girl." He says.

" More like a pest." The words slip out of my mouth and he laughs out loudly.

" I said it... Tell me about her." He says.

" I don't like her. We're enemies. She's the one that keeps causing problems between us. She dislikes me for unknown reason. That's her business I don't care. What happened this afternoon sef is my fault." I say.

"What happened?" He asks.

"I saw her crying so I tried to comfort ..."

"Oh my God. You like her right? That's why you felt like you had to comfort her." He says, Interrupting me and i mentally facepalm.

"Don't jump to conclusion. My wanting to comfort her ended with her shouting at me. Na me fuck up wey I no ignore her." I say and hiss.

"You like her jare. You know there's a thin line between love and hate." He says and I frown.

" Time has gone, I have things to do. So tomorrow I'll come for the pill." I say standing up.

"Yes tomorrow after school." He says also standing up.

He accompanies me to the door of the room from which I walk to my room alone.

Third person POV

They laid on the bed, her head on top of his chest. His hands brushing through her hair. It's one of the times that they had together.

"How's the fool?" He asks the same question that he asked few days before.

"Baby calm down. I've told you before I'll end him soon. He'll be dead before next year and we'll have everything to ourselves." She says, looking up at his eyes.

"Jusy make it snappy and be careful about it." He says.

"Trust me darling." She replies.

"One of my boys resigned. I've sorted him out tho. No one can resign from me and still keep living. He's dead now." He says.

"I trust you boo." She says, running her hands through his beards.

"So I'll need to employ someone else. I already have someone. He'll resume very soon, probably tomorrow." He says and she sighs.

" Just be careful of the person. We can't have anyone that'll betray us." She says and he frowns at her. Her words already provoked his anger.

"Are you trying to say I'm incompetent? You this woman, you better watch your words around me." He shouts, pushing her away from him with much force that she lands on the floor.

"Honey you don't have to get angry. I didn't mean it like that. I just meant that we can't afford a person that'll betray us." She says, standing up and he becomes more angry.

He stands up from the bed and slaps he hardly. She bursts into tears.

"Don't tell we what I can afford or what i can't afford. Just do what I tell you to do and act like the little whore that you are." He shouts and walks out if the room.

She falls to the ground, sobbing. She didn't understand what made him angry. She keeps crying till the door to the room opens again. He steps inside and bent down to her level. He wraps his arms around her and kisses her forehead.

"I'm sorry Tabitha. You know how I get whenever I'm angry. Please forgive me." He says and she stops sobbing.

"I forgive you." She says, turning around to place her lips on his lips. The ringing of her phone interrupts them.

He takes her phone to see the caller. It's her husband.

" What does the fool want now." He says angrily, handing the phone over to her. She collects it and answers the call.

Vote Comment Share 💥❤️💋

Merry Christmas 🎄🎄🎉