Chapter Twenty-five

Tuesday October 13, 2020

Tolu's POV

"Ehem. I ne..need to go. We'll talk later." I say, pulling away from Ayomide. Immediately, with a ponding chest I rush out of the balcony before he is able to reply me. Why is my heart beating fast? We've kissed lots of times. Now he'll think I'm a mess. This is the first time Ayomide kissed me. We're dating but I'm always that one initiating all our kisses and he was also never responsive. Is he starting to like me? I'm not supposed to be thinking of a boy at this time.

I walk through the quiet hallway to my room, thoughts of my father come to my mind again and my eyes is filled with tears again. I need to hold my tears down. No one else must see me crying, it'll affect my reputation.

What is mother up to? She's planning to kill my stepfather. God, no! She can't just take another father figure away from my life again. I can't let her. Even though I dislike Fikayo, I don't pray for something bad to happen to her father. He treated me and my sister well unlike some other stepfathers. My mother doesn't deserve him. I need to let him know about my mother's plan. But I also don't want to expose myself. I'll have to do it anonymously. But how?

Once I get to the room, I enter inside to see my roommates seated together. It seems like they were talking about something before. I'm a vibe killer. Maybe I shouldn't open up to them again. I'm sure they won't want to interact with a selfish proud bitch like me.

"You can continue your talk. I'm not disturbing you. I'm sorry for the way I've been acting with you guys ever since we resumed. I also know that you guys hate me. I'm not telling you to stop hating me, I just want to apologise for being mean and downgrading you guys. You can continue hating me, I know that I deserve it. You're free to throw your words at me, it's ok because I deserve it." I say quietly and walk towards my bed but before I get to my bed, I feel a touch in my shoulder and I turn back.

"Tolu, we don't hate you." One of my roommates, Naomi says, looking at me with a sad expression. My other roommate, Bukola, is standing beside Naomi with the same expression. Tears fills my eyes and I shut my eyes  to prevent the tears from falling. I've always hated them. I've always bullied them. I've always embarrassed them but they're here telling me that they don't hate me. I don't deserve all this from them. I deserve to be treated badly.

"We don't. No one has the right to hate on you. We all do bad things once in a while. We love you, God loves you." Bukola says, taking my hands into her hands.

"The Bible tells us not to judge people. The Bible tells us that God loves us despite our sins. So why can't we love you even though you have your shortcomings." Naomi says and the tears drop down my eyes. When last did I read my Bible? When last did I listen in Church. I've forgotten that God exists. Iv6e forgotten that I have a savior.

"Have you ever given your life to Christ?" Bukola asks me and I nod.

"N..no." I say to her, stuttering. The tears are still rolling freely down my face.

"It's not to late to give your life to Christ Tolu. I see that you want to change. I can see that you are ready for him. God loves you and he wants us to come to him. Tolu, God is calling you, are you ready to answer his call? When you answer his call, your life becomes peaceful. You won't care about what people think of you, he'll cover your shortcomings. You'll live a blessed life." Naomi says.

"Are you ready to give your life to Christ?" Bukola says and I open my eyes. She's holding a Bible in her hand.

"Yes I'm ready." I say to her, the tears have stopped but I'm sure my eyes are red. I'm ready to be a vessel for God. I'm ready to have Jesus in my life. I'm ready for God to fill me up.