Chapter Fifteen

This chapter is dedicated to Mideblessed.
Also to butterflyaddict17, her comment gave me the inspiration to write😍

Tuesday October 13, 2020

Fikayo's POV
"I'm sorry about yesterday. I shouldn't have yelled at you." I say to Olamide when she is about to grab her bag. She turns to me and smiles.

"I'm also sorry. It's not your fault. You needed to vent. It's ok." She says and hugs me. I hug her back.

"I hope you can open up to me one day." She says.

"Me too. I know there's something that is bothering you. The way you looked at me yesterday." I say to her. The way she looked at me yesterday when she saw me cutting. It seemed like she had a similar experience before.

"We'll talk after school today." She says. We pull back from the hug and walk towards the school bus. We both seat at the front seat. The school bus takes us from hostel to school and from school to hostel since the hostel and school are not close to each other.

When we got to school, I come down from the bus and Olamide follows me. We walk to the SS3 block where we have to depart since we are not in the same class. I'm in SS3B while she's in SS3A

"Bye. We'll see during break." Olamide says to me as we get to the entrance of her class.

"Bye." I say and walk away towards my class. I really miss Sade. Without her, I'm alone in the class, no one to talk to. I don't know why she left but I can never hate her. There must be a reason for her actions. Maybe I should call her again later after school.

Once I enter the class, I walk straight to my seat at the back. The class is somehow scanty, the others will probably come with the next batch bus. Only few people pay attention to me. The others are busy with one thing or the other and I'm glad because I don't want to be on the spotlight of any rumor again.

After minutes of sitting alone in the class, the bell rings , signifying the start of assembly. I stand up from my seat and walk out of the class immediately, before any other person.

I walk down the stairs to the assembly ground, passing the prefects who are busy forcing the Juniors to go for assembly. Those children will never hear word. When I was in their class, I didn't skip assembly, I wonder why these ones are spoilt.

The assembly goes perfectly until the Principal decided to make an announcement. As the Principal walks up to the podium, the students start to murmur. I wonder what the announcement is about.

"Can you all keep quiet." The Principal says, shutting everyone up. He grips the microphone tightly and looks at all the students, with a frown on his face. The announcement must really be serious.

The murmuring stops and the everywhere becomes quiet like a graveyard. If a pin drops, everyone will hear.

"As you all know, this school is one of the best schools known nationwide. Our image is very much important and it must not be jeopardized. So if there's any of you who has that in mind, be prepared to be expelled because we can't afford nonsense in this school." The Principal says and everywhere still remains quiet.

"Recently, something happened and I decided to keep it as a secret. But I changed my mind. It's better to let you all know about it so that it'll serve as an example to all of you who involve yourself in such act." The Principal says. I wonder what he is talking about.

"A video was sent to me about two weeks ago. The content of that video is something that I'm ashamed to say as the Principal of this school. It was a video of a student of this school having sex with a guy." The Principal says and the murmuring starts again.