Chapter Twenty

Tuesday October 13, 2020

Olamide's POV

Tola's words makes me furious. How can someone be this stupid and dense. Can't she even mind her business. I'll show her pepper today.

I stand up from where I'm seated with Fikayo and I walk towards Tola, Fikayo follows me. I hope that she doesn't interfere in this.

Once I get to Tola, I raise my right hand to slap her. My hand hits her face and she opens her mouth. She must be surprised that I slapped her.

"How dare you hit me. Who do you think you are? Eehh, see me see trouble oo. You don get wings to de slap me abi. Na because I Neva treat your fuck up before." Tola shouts loudly and pushes me to the ground. I fall to the ground since my stance was weak before. She pounces in me. This girl does not know me sha. I turn the fight around and start beating her.

Suddenly, I feel hands on my shoulder making me lose me stand in the fight. Tola tries to punch me but I change my position, her hands hit Fikayo who is at my back and she falls down.

The moment Fikayo falls down, I come back to my senses. What have I done. She shouldn't have interfered in our fight. This is all Tola's fault. If she didn't start a fight with me then this wouldn't have happened. It was also Tola that punched Fikayo I'm the face when she tried to stop is from fighting. The punch was meant for me.

"You this fool why did you punch her now." I yell at Tola, standing up from her stomach.

"The Punch was meant for you. But since she decided to not mind her business." Tola says immediately she stands up, shrugging.

I bend down to carry her up so as to take her to the sickbay. How am I going to explain this now. I look up at Tola who already stood up, expecting her to help me to carry Fikayo. Her face is really bruised. It serves her right. Next time she'll mind her business.

"Won't you help me carry her." I say to Tola.

"Help you to what? It's like you're stupid. After you have beaten me. I should nau help you to Carry this fool. Over my deadbody." She says, hissing.

It's like this girl has not learnt any lesson. And I'm willing to teach her.

"It's like you have not learnt your lesson abi. It's better you bend down and let us carry this girl to the sick bay before I pounce on you." I shout at her angrily.

She opens her mouth to say something but the sound of the door opening stops her. We both look towards the door only to see out hostel mistress standing at the entrance, giving us a fierce glare.

"Why the noise? You people have been disturbing the peace of the hostel since morning." The woman says, glancing round the room till her eyes meet Fikayo's body on the floor, she gasps and opens her mouth wide. Immediately she rushes to where Fikayo's body lay.

"Who did this?" She shouts, holding Fikayo's hand. She's probably checking her pulse.

"She did it." I and Tola say at the same time, pointing at each other.

"She's lying. She was the one that punched Fikayo." Tola says, still pointing at me. This girl can lie o. Shebi we were both fighting. She was even the one that hit Fikayo.

"Ma that's a lie. She was the one that hit Fikayo." I say. I can't allow her to put me in trouble. It'll be better if they punish both of us since it's our fault not just one person.

"Does this look like a joke to you. Does it seem like I'm joking with you. Or can you see me laughing." The hostel mistress shouts.

"I'm asking once again, who did this?" She shouts but none of us answer instead we stare at the ground.

I'm sure that were in serious trouble. I just pray that Fikayo is ok. A punch shouldn't have made her faint just like that. Something else is wrong with her. We're supposed to take her to the sick bay but this woman is still wasting time by asking who did it.

"Ma, aren't we supposed to take her to the sick bay. She could be dying." I finally voice out after seconds of silence.

"You people are lucky, she's still breathing. Oya come and carry her to the sick bay. I'll deal with you later." She says and stands up.

Immediately, i rush towards Fikayo. Tola comes too reluctantly. We both carry her out of the room to the sick bay, the hostel mistress walking with us. While we pass through tht hallway, the students start staring and murmuring. I'm sure they are busy guessing what happened. Then they'll spread rumors. They're just so jobless and brainless.

The moment we get to the the sick bay, a female doctor rushes towards us. She and some other people collected Fikayo from us and they carry her away.

"Stay here. I'll be back." The hostel mistress says and follows the doctor.

Without something to do, I look round the sick bay, admiring it. This place is damn fine. This is my first time coming here. It looks like a mini hospital. We're in the reception. There's a set of plastic chairs arranged at one side. There's also a table at the center of this room. Then there are two doors apart from the one we entered through. I'm guessing one door leads to the offices while the other leads to the wards. The school must have spent lots of money on the place.

"God! This woman should come out jhoor. My leg is paining me jare." Tola's voice sounds, interrupting my admiration moment. Who is she talking to sef. I'm sure it's not me and there's no other person here sef. Hmmn so she talks to herself. Weird witch.

"And who are you telling. No one cares na. Your leg can as well break. Mtchewwe. Attention seeker." I say to her hissing.

"Aassss. Mrs woman. I wasn't talking to you. Can't you for once mind your business. Isi ewu." She says, making me angry. I really feel like slapping that her useless mouth shut. But then I don't want trouble.

"See pot calling kettle black. You're telling me to mind my business but you yourself can't do a good job at minding your own. It's like the witches of your family are already doing you. Na only God fit intervene for your life." I say to her, laughing.

Suddenly, I feel a hot bang on my face. Tola just slapped me. This girl is looking for my trouble o. She doesn't know that I'm trouble myself. I look at her only to see the hostel mistress behind. I'm sure she saw Tola slapping me. That's perfect. I just act like I didn't see her.

"Now you're quiet. I'm sure my slap has already reset your brain. It is you that they are doing. With the way your life is. It's very obvious that a witch is doing you and you family. Who knows you can even be the witch sef. You probably killed your mother. Nonsense." Tola says smirking. Her words hurt me but I just keep quiet since the hostel mistress is watching.

"Good job. Good job. Tola. I caught you red hand." The hostel mistress says and Tola shrieks in surprise. She didn't even know that the hostel mistress had been watching her. She's so dense.

Vote Comment and share💋✨💥