Chapter Thirty- eight

Wednesday October 28, 2020

Ayomide's POV

Yesterday night I had another peak into my memory.  Now I know that one thing is certain. There's a possibility that I knew Fikayo when i was small. I'm not sure if she's the one but at night I had a dream. The dream was about my younger self and a little girl. I called the girl 'Fikayo'.

Maybe I should try to talk to Fikayo. I doubt if she will want to talk to me because she has been acting off this days- always staying alone like all the time and ignoring my presence.  Probably it's because of what I did the other time when I told Tolu that she was the one who forced herself on me. I will just try my luck.

I'm currently in class, sitting beside Adura who has his eyes glued to his phone. Ever since he came back after his mothers burial, he changed. He is no longer the cheerful and playful boy. Instead he is now the quiet, reclusive, sad boy. I pray he gets over it easily.

I remember when my sister died, that was my last straw before i broke. I was a mess for months. I was able to get over it due to Olamide's help.

It has been long since I talked to Olamide. Ever since I went to shout at her for talking to Deji anyhow, i stopped talking to her. I know there's something wrong with her. But there's no way she'll talk to me about it. She's a hard nut to crack.

Fikayo walks out of the class and I also stand up to follow her. This is the best time to talk to her.

"I need to do something Adura. I'll be back soon." I say to Adura who nods at me and I walk out of the class, following Fikayo.

"Fikayo! Wait up!" I yell once I'm close to her. She stops walking and looks back. Once our eyes meet, she looks away and continues walking. I increase my pace to meet her then I drag her gently into an empty class.

"What the hell is wrong with you." She shouts and I wince at the intensity of her voice, dropping her hand.

"Fikayo please calm down. I just want to..."

"You're telling me to calm down...eeh..see me see trouble. Do you think I'm a fool. Do you think I'll fall in to your trap like the last time? No! So just let me go in peace." She shouts.

"Have you met me before I came here? Like were we childhood friends?" I ask her and she becomes still.

Fikayo's POV

"Please answer just that question and I'll leave you alone. Were we childhood friends." Ayomide asks again, taking a step toward towards me.

I know he lost his memory. He must be trying to get it back. How much I'll have loved him to remember me but now I don't care anymore. If he gets his memory back, nothing will change. Instead things will become complicated for me.

"No..no. I didn't know you. You are not my Ayomide. My Ayomi is gone." I stutter out unconsciously.

"I don't get. Please can you be clear" He asks and I step away from him. I try to make my way out of the class but he uses his hands to hold me back.

"Ayomide leave me alone. I don't want to have this stupid conversation with you." I say, trying to get out of his tight hold.

"Just answer the question." He says.

"NO! I don't know you. Even if you were my childhood friend, nothing changes. So just leave me the hell alone. It's all in the past. My Ayomi p is gone and I want to keep it that way." I yell. His grip on my arm loosens and I walk out of the classs.

I walk straight to the toilet to clear my head. I spend few minutes there before walking back to my class. On getting to the class, our class teacher is standing at the front.

"And where we're you?" My class teacher asks.

"I was in the toilet Sir" I reply.

He takes the envelope that's on the table and hands it over to me. I collect it from him.

"That's your result. Keep up the Good job. By the way, your uncle will be coming to pick you. Miss Mary told me to pass the information to you." He says and I smile brightly.

That means I'll spend the break with him, away from that house. I've never gotten a news that's as good as this. Wait. How did he get dad to allow? I guess I'll find out when I see him.

"Thank you sir." I say and walk back to my seat.

Mr. Adejare's POV

For the past two weeks I've been distancing myself from home. Ever since I found out that my so called wife is planning to kill me. Yes, I don't deserve to live because of everything I've done. I betrayed Fisayo, my late wife, I maltreated Fikayo, my only child. I'm such a fool.

I know Fikayo hates me now and there's nothing I can do about it. It's better off for me to die. But I can't die yet. At least Fikayo must inherit my properties not that useless woman and her children.

The door to my office opens and I turn my head towards it. My secretary rushes in with a phone in his hands.

"What's wrong?" I ask.

"There's someone who who wants to speak with you. He calls himself Mr Kola Adeyanju." He says and my eyes widen in recognition. Why is he calling now?

I remember banning him from associating with Fikayo. I was such a fool.

" Sir, should I just cut the call or you'll talk to him?" My secretary says, bringing me out of my reverie.

"I'll speak with him. Pass the phone." I say, stretching my hand to collect the phone.

" You can leave, I'll call you when I need you." I say to him after collecting the phone and he walks out.

" Hello. You're on to Mr Adejare. How may I help you?" I say.

" Let's quit this formalities. I'm sure you know who you're speaking with.  I just want to make something to you and it won't be long. You also won't dare to reject my offer because of the deep shit that you're in." His voice sounds through the speaker of the phone that's placed close to my ears.

What does he mean by deep shit. Does he know about what's happening?

"What d...do you w..wa...want." I say, stuttering.

" I will be taking my niece Fikayo with me for her mid term break. Don't expect her back into that useless house of yours anytime soon. And also, send my greetings to that your lovely wife. I hope she's doing fine after everything she has done." He says and the phone goes off.

I drop the phone on the table and raise my hands to my head. What have I gotten myself into? Why did I marry her in the first place? Well at least my daughter will be safe from them...she should be safe with her uncle.

Suddenly, the beeping of my phone draws my attention. I open it to see a  text message which says...

Come to Alakija bus stop on Friday by 6:30 pm if you want to know more about your wife's handwork. Come alone.

Immediately after reading the message, my phone starts to ring. It's David, Mr Fabunmi calling. I pick it up with shaky hands.

" Did you also receive the message" we both say at the same time.

Vote Comment, Share ❤️🔱💋

Hi guys....Soo I'm back after many months.
Who missed me?🤩🥰