Chapter 38

Chapter 38:

Everyone including myself were silent. They all stared at me and I stared at them. None of us knew what to do. The collective power in this house was immense. I had never felt anything like this before. We were all connected to one another through magic and they were feeding off one another. It was almost scary how much power there was in just this one place. My nails were once again digging into my chest as the other dug into my palms as I squeezed my hand tightly in a fist.

I looked at each of the unknown faces trying my best to figure out which family they belonged to. Most of them had silver hair and looked like what you thought grandparents would look like. I counted seven of them, one of the grandfathers weren't there at the moment. I could tell they were all close since they were all huddled together, seeming to have come together to the house.

"Hi, Blair," one of them said.

"Hi," was all I could manage to get out, awkwardly raising my hand and giving a pathetic wave.

"We're sorry to barge in like this but we just wanted to meet you too," a woman stepped forward, smiling at me.

"How about you come down and we can get you introduced," Mrs. Perry sweetly spoke, gesturing me to come down the stairs. Though I tried to hide it, the panic within me was written over my face for everyone to see. Maybe that was a good thing.

"Blair? You okay?" Reid asked, grabbing my attention away from everyone else. He had this strange ability to do that. He was definitely concerned, one foot on the stairs ready to come to my side if needed.

Clearing my throat, I spoke, "Yeah, I'm fine." But he didn't believe me. "There's just a lot of... energy hitting me right now. I need a minute to get used to it," I revealed.

Immediately getting what I was saying, Tyler stepped in and said, "Let's give her some space. She's going to stay up there and come down when she is ready to meet everyone else."

Am I going to be ready to meet everyone?

It's going to be a long night.

"You all go ahead and go to the living room. I want to meet my grandbaby girl," the woman from before said, pushing past Pogue, who didn't dare stop her, and made her way up the stairs.

"It's only right we meet her first," a man followed, I assume her husband and the grandfather.

The woman had ombre hair going from dark to silver. Her hair was the color of mine. His entire head was covered in silver hair and I could tell that he was just the older version of Pogue and Mr. Perry as they helped each other up the long staircase. They both came straight to me and the surprising part was that I wasn't scared. She reached her hands out, placing them gently on each side of the cheeks holding onto me, beaming with happiness. The man looked at me, his face more serious as he saw up close and personally. He slowly placed his hand on the side of my head, rubbing hair with his thumb. He looked amazed to see me yet so proud. I could see tears forming in both their eyes as they held onto me. A bubble formed in my chest, something I had never felt before. It grew bigger and bigger within me, making me feel like I, myself was going to cry.

Finally speaking, the woman proudly spoke, "She looks like me!" The whole room erupted in laughter and I naturally joined in.

"She does look like you," the man agreed.

"You're just more beautiful," she gushed. I smiled at their compliment. I never thought I would ever hear someone say that. Never did I think I would find my biological family or find someone who would say that we look like each other.