Chapter 4

I sat there in silence. What exactly did he see? What didn't he see? What does he know?

"I got lost getting back to the dorms. So I stopped to figure out where I was." I took a sip of water and looked at him like it was no big deal. "Why? What were you doing out there?"

"Just dropping Pogue and I off," Caleb quickly answered. Looks were exchanged between Reid and him. Almost a tension between them.

"You guys don't live in the dorms?" I asked confused.

"No, I stay with my mother and help her around the house," Caleb answered.

"I stay at my house," Pogue chimed in. The bell rang and that was our cue to get to class. That's when it hit me. It's the first day of school and I'm extremely nervous!

/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\

Tyler, being the biggest sweetheart I know, showed me where my first class was. Unfortunately, I didn't have my first class with any of them. I just met them, but they were already my comfort zones. Good going, Blair. I looked at all the students picking their seats. The room was seat up like a really fancy lecture hall. I didn't expect anything less. The school cost a fortune and looked the part too.

"Well look who I have the honor of having my first class with!" I heard. I looked to my side and saw a familiar face.

"Hey!" I said a little too excited. I brought it down a couple of notches and just gave him a smile.

"Shall we sit together?" he asked with a small chuckle. I nodded my head and gestured for him to lead the way. He picked a row and our seats. I slide next to him and got myself situated.

"So, what did you think of the party?" I asked making conversation.

"It was good for what it was, but got a little intense in the end," he answered. The professor had entered and started writing on the chalkboard. "Do you want to meet up at lunch?" he whispered to me.

"Yeah, I'm down for that," I whispered back.

"Welcome back students! Summer is over and it's time to learn," the professor announced.

/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\

Classes were boring. It was the usual, going through the whole getting to know the class and what we will be learning through out the year. Other than my first class with Chase, I was one my own for the rest of my classes until lunch. Chase told me he had a free period before lunch so I should just find him in the cafeteria. I tried my best not to look like a new student but it obviously wasn't working out. I finally found my way to the cafeteria and laid eyes on Chase. I started to head towards him but someone stepped in front of me.

"Reid?" I said looking up at the tall blonde. He had a smirk on his face like this was his master plan.

"Where are you off to?" he asked. His eye contacted changed to everyone around me. There were a bunch of girls giggling and waved at him, like he was Harry Styles. He gave them the classic head nod and a smirk. I rolled my eyes and looked back at him.

"I'm going to have lunch with a new friend," I said to him. His head snapped back to me.

"A new friend?" he asked almost concerned.

"Yes, I have gotten to know people. You do that when you want to make friends in a new place," I answered.

"Sassy. I like it," he replied. Was he flirting? Well there are a bunch of girls flaunting over him. So most likely yes.

"Do you mind? I don't want to keep him waiting." I gestured for him to move and he dramatically moved out of the way. "You're a prince," I said walking away from him. I placed my bag on the table in front of Chase, getting his attention.

"Hey! How has your first day been so far?" he asked shutting his book.

"It's been boring. Nothing special except getting lost," I laughed. "What about you?" I asked.

"Mostly boring, but I've switched schools so many times, I'm just used to this whole thing," he said. "Let's get some food."

"That must suck, changing schools and all," I said getting up from my seat. We started to head to the food line. "Do you move because of your parent's job?" His smile faded away and he got real quiet. Shit, I said something wrong.

"My parent's died when I was young. I've just moved a lot because of my foster families, but I turned eighteen in February so I get to be on my own now."

"I'm so sorry," I placed my hand on his shoulder. I didn't know what to do. "At least you're an adult. You can do adult things," I said trying to bring his mood up.

"You don't want to adult. Adultings hard," he said with a laugh.

We got our food and headed back to our table. He started to tell me about how he was a swimmer and how much he loved how it felt. He had this charm about him, along with a dorkiness. It just made him adorable and attractive almost. I had a feeling that I was being watched. I turned a little and saw Reid, Kate, Sarah, and everyone else in the group looking at me. I gave them a small smile. They each had different expressions on their faces. I looked at Pogue. He looked almost angry and confused. I didn't know why he looked so angry but I knew it wasn't a good thing. I could feel it in my stomach.

<><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><>

Author's Notes:

Thank you so much for taking the time to read my story! If you liked it, feel free to give this chapter a vote and/or comment. I would love to hear what you guys think. See you at the next chapter!

- Impact