Chapter 13

So sorry that it's taken me so long to update! Happy Holidays to everyone!

Chapter 13:

They looked down at me. She looked at me concerned and confused. He looked at me like he could care less. I had a pile of tissues sitting next to me. They were all assorted in different colors. Some black blood, some regular blood and some a mix of both. They all talked to each other for a while. They all talked about me and my problem, but by the end of the night, they couldn't figure out anything. Pogue's dad ended up stomping up the stairs and he wasn't heard from for the rest of the night.

I awkwardly sat on the couch waiting for them to finally talk to me. I had been the topic of many conversations in which I was present, but never actually included. I looked at the roaring fire that was in front of me. The flames danced to their own tune helping me calm down a little.

"Hey, how you feeling?" Tyler asked coming and sitting next to me. He placed a small wastebasket in front of me for my bloody tissues. I tossed them in, gladly getting rid of them.

"I feel..." I started but didn't know how I really felt. "I don't know," I whispered avoiding his eyes.

"That's understandable. A lot was sprung upon you, on us, and it's all very confusing," he said with a small adorable chuckle.

"Confusing and complicated," I added.

"No one's judging you for avoiding us. It's completely understandable. Just know that we are here for you and that you have people who can relate to a small part of you," he said. I looked at him and he gave me a small encouraging smile.

Pogue's mother insisted that I stay the night since I wasn't feeling well. I tried to nicely decline, but in the end I couldn't leave. The boys escorted me to one of the guest rooms in this mansion, I mean house. It was a very old antique looking but looked so elegant and classy.

"We don't really have girl clothes, but I found some of my other clothes for you to wear," Pogue said awkwardly handing me a pair of old basketball shorts and a plain black shirt. The boys had each taken a place in the room in which they stayed as I went into the bathroom, that was in the room, and changed quickly. I splashed some water on my face and looked at myself in the mirror. What was happening to me, I had no idea. I walked out and all eyes were on me; I wasn't expecting anything else.

"Are you guys going to tuck me into bed?" I asked with a small chuckle, trying to diffuse the tension. I sat at the edge of the queen size bed as the boys took a seat on the bed.

"Can we talk?" Pogue asked. He was being so awkward.

"Sure? As long as you guys quit being creepy awkward," I said shrugging. We all made ourselves comfortable on the bed, sitting in a circle so that we could all see each other. Pogue had taken a seat across from me. Caleb sat next to Pogue and Tyler and Reid were on either side of me.

"So, you've always had your powers?" Caleb was the first to ask. I nodded my head.

"Ever since I could remember. Once I knew that I actually was the one that was making things happen, I started to learn how to control it. When did you guys get yours?"

"At thirteen we get a taste of them and when we turn eighteen we get the whole package," Caleb plainly responded.

"Does anyone else know about your powers?" Tyler asked.

"No. I made sure that no one would find out. Other than Kate and Sarah, does anyone else know?"

"They are the only ones that are not family that know. Well and you," Pogue said. As soon as he said it, he realized what he had said. It was all over his face. "I didn't me-"

"Don't worry about it," I interrupted. "Technically, I'm not family. I'm just blood."

"Do your powers age you?" Reid asked completely serious at this moment. It was a different side on him.

"Well, you tell me. Do I look older than sixteen?" I asked turning to him. The idiot actually took a few moments to actually look at my face.

"No, more like twelve," he smirked. I rolled my eyes and looked back at the rest of the group.

"Maybe her powers are like ours?" Tyler questioned. "She has them but it won't become her life till she's eighteen?"

"That is interesting baby boy but how would that explain her passing out and the black blood?" Reid asked.

"Baby boy?" I jumped in.

"He's the baby of the group," Reid laughed as he reached behind me and flicked Tyler on the side of his neck. Tyler flinched and swatted Reid's hand away. The others cracked a smile at their friends.

"When is your guys' birthday?" I asked. The tension within the room had diffused and it felt kind of normal between us like how it was before everything came to light.

"I'm August sixteenth, Pogue's the seventeenth, Reid's the eighteenth and Tyler's the nineteenth," Caleb said pointing to each person.

"Wow, that must have been a hoot for your mothers," I said with a small laugh. Pogue pointed at me with a questioning look.

"You're not going to believe it," I said. "August twentieth. Well, that's what I've been told."

"Others might see that as a coincidence, but with what happens in our life, not so much," Reid laughed.

The rest of the night was just small talk and getting to know the boys completely. They gave me a brief summary about their "Covenant" as they call it and how it's been a secret since the witch hunts in Europe. It was all quite fascinating. Way more detailed than that book from the library obviously. They didn't know much about the fifth family because they hadn't read the "Damnation" since they were kids. Had no idea what that was but I became way to tired to ask questions. Caleb left to go to his house, which was right next to Pogue's, about a mile down the road, and Reid and Tyler decided to stay the night here. Apparently, they had their own rooms here. Before they left me alone they all gave me a hug goodnight. I didn't mind. It felt nice and comfortable.

"I just wanted to ask you something alone," Pogue said once Reid and Tyler left. I gave him a small nod to go on. "If you're okay with it, I'd like to get you a lot better. I know it's weird finding out that you have an older brother, it's weird for me, I mean, I have a sister..." He then stopped. He looked at me as if I was about to protest against him for using those words. "You don't have to make a decision right now. Take all the time you need to think about it, but I would still like to at least be friends," he said quickly. I thought about it for a moment. There was no real harm in getting to know him. I mean, that's what you do with friends, right?

"I wouldn't mind," I sincerely replied and with that, a smile sprung to his face.

/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\

He was looking at me. His hair brown and his eyes brown. He was driving and being very kind. His lips moved but I couldn't hear anything he was saying. I suddenly grabbed him by his upper arm. He looked at me with fear. His mouth opened. He was screaming. That, I could hear. It echoed in my head. I watched as his eyes became lifeless. His body cold, no longer hosting a soul. He looked at me. Dead.

My eyes flung open and I shot straight out of bed. I was dripping in sweat. Was that a dream?

<><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><>

Author's Notes:

Thank you so much for taking the time to read my story! If you liked it, feel free to give this chapter a vote and/or comment. I would love to hear what you guys think. See you at the next chapter!

- Impact