Chapter 41

Chapter 41:

Everything. Hurt. All of it. I attempted to open my eyes but even at the sheer thought of making an attempt was shut down by my body.

"Hey, I think she's waking up," I heard a large boom, making my brain rattle like an earthquake. "Blair?"

"Owww.....," I groaned at the loud voice coming from right above me. I could feel hot panicked breathing over my face making it hard for me to breathe. "Can... you... not...," I mumbled slowly, feeling the dryness in my throat.

"Blair!" they both shouted happily, throwing their bodies on mine.

Wincing at the pain, once again, louder, this time said, "Ow!"

"Oh, sorry, sorry," he said, placing his hand on the side of my face. There was something covering his hand.

Reid!

"I'm just so happy you're finally awake," he whispered, rubbing his thumb on my cheek.

"How do you feel, baby girl?" the other asked concerned on the other side of me.

Tyler!

"Ow," I repeated which resulted in a chuckle from the both of them. I could imagine them shaking their heads and sharing a look with each other. Tyler took my hand in his slowly, being very gentle in not trying to cause any more pain than I was already in.

Relieved. Worried. Concerned. Worried. Relieved. Thankful. Worried. Scared. Relieved.

Both their emotions were being projected on to me. I know they hadn't realized they were doing it and I honestly didn't mind. I was actually happy to feel what they were feeling. A small smile attempted to stretch over my face which didn't hurt too bad. I tried once again to open my eyes and slowly but surely, I was able to open them half away, seeing two blurry faces really close to me.

Making myself blink a few times, flashes from the events from the night before flooded my mind. The darklings, the fire, Pogue. Pogue!

Like knowing or seeing it on my face, Reid spoke before I could, saying, "Pogue's okay. You healed him. He's in his room resting. Caleb is with him." I could hear the relief in his voice speaking about his friend. I felt Tyler give my hand a squeeze, making me feel somewhat better. The knot in the pit of my stomach released and tears leaked from my eyes, trickling down the sides into my hair.

"I—I—need to—o se—ee—him," I hoarsely spoke. Mustering all the energy I had in me, I tried to pull myself up off the bed but barely got halfway up before I lost it and fell back onto the bed.

"Blair, you have to take it easy," Tyler insisted, giving my shoulder a rub. I let out a groan, letting them both know that was frustrated with that remark. "I know but you need to. You've been out for almost two days."

Two days? Really?

"But--," I started.

"Blair. Please," Reid insisted. "What you did, both killing three powerful darklings and healing Pogue, should have killed you. It is a miracle that you're still alive. So please, just rest and heal. We would like to keep both Perry siblings alive, please." I could hear the anxiety in his shaky voice that he was trying so hard to cover up. His hand was on the side of my head, his cool fingertips rubbing slowly on my forehead, gently pulling back strands of my hair.

Apart of me wanted to stay in bed just for him, so he wouldn't been ridden with all the emotions he was covering up for the sake of appearing strong. Though, for me, I needed to see Pogue. I couldn't lay here knowing he was just down the hall. I needed to see that he was okay and that he wasn't dying.