Chapter 29

Chapter 29:

Though I was feeling refreshed and somewhat positive about life, I was a nervous wreck. After getting some food, Reid told me that the others were waiting for us at one of their family libraries. Even though I insisted that I probably shouldn't go anywhere, Reid dragged me along with him in Tyler's car. During the car ride, Reid told me how everyone had been doing research to figure out what was going on with me and how to stop it from happening again. I didn't realize that the guys cared so much about me. It was different. My foot bounced the entire ride to the library, which Reid noticed but didn't say a thing.

We arrived to what looked like an abandoned building in the middle of the woods. There was a silver convertible and Pogue's bike already parked in front of the building, which Reid parked next to. Stepping out of the car, I could feel magical energy pulsating in the air. I looked at Reid who was watching me with a smirk as I realized that we were surrounded by magic.

"I was wondering if you were going to notice or not," he mentioned coming to my side and taking my hand in his.

"Are you doing this?" I asked as he led me up the stairs to the door.

"No, our ancestors built this library and placed powerful talismans around to protect the area. Only people of our bloodline can enter, to everyone else, it just looks like a regular decaying building," he explained. "Come on, everyone's waiting," he said, opening the heavy wooden door.

The library was grand and filled with an enormous number of books. Everything was lit by candlelight which didn't surprise me. Reid guided me into an open area where there were some tables. This was where the guys were. The three of them were surrounded by piles of books, their noses buried deep in what they were reading. The floorboard creaked which caused them to snap their heads in our direction. They all looked at me, surprised that I was actually there.

An awkward smile was plastered on my face, as I didn't know what to do other than that and look at the old floors. With everyone quiet, the sound of the flames flickering echoed throughout the building. Breaking the silence, Pogue's chair rubbed against the floor as he stood up and made his way to me.

He approached me and stood in front of me, just looking at me, letting out a sigh of relief. He wrapped his arms around me, bringing me into a bear hug. It surprised me at the moment, but it felt nice. I wrapped my arms around him, taking in the hug, feeling comfort.

"I'm glad you're here, sis," he whispered pulling away.

"What have you guys been reading?" I asked as I walked to the table, standing in between Caleb and Tyler, who made room for me. I looked at both of them, as they smiled up at me, each giving me a sideways hug.

"Diaries of our ancestors," Caleb answered. He pointed to the pile next to him, each other the books looked the exact same to me, made out of the same leather. I laid my hand on the side of his head where I could see a small bruise through his short, thin black hair. "I'm alright," he whispered to me.

I smiled down at him, glad that he was okay. "Isn't that somewhat an invasion of privacy?" I asked looking back at the stack of diaries, feeling a little bit awkward, reading personal writings.

"They are dead technically, and they are the ones that put them in the library, so we've assumed they wouldn't mind," Tyler laughed.

"Find anything?" I asked a little nervous.

"Nothing," Caleb groaned. "But that doesn't mean we won't. We still got a lot of things to go through," he quickly added looking up at me.

"Blair, is there anything that you can tell us about your dreams? Like location or names, anything?" Reid asked, fidgeting his fingers on his chin, staring at a fixed point on the table.