Chapter 47

Chapter 47:

The hot water made me feel safe as if I was in a different world than my own. No one was around and I was alone with myself and no one wanted anything from me. It pained me to have to leave and return back to reality but if I didn't leave, I would continue to shrivel up and my skin would not be happy with that. I took my time drying myself and putting on fresh clothes that were mine. With nothing else left to do, I dragged my feet back to my room, preparing myself to try my best at avoiding Sarah and Kate's questions.

Surprisingly, when I entered the room, Sarah and Kate were studying together and didn't say anything to me when I walked in. I let out a small sigh of relief and went to my bed, grabbing my book bag, and started to catch up on everything I was behind in.

Knock! Knock! A loud bang came from the door, grabbing all of our attention. I looked over at Kate and Sarah giving them a questioning look. Typically, if the boys were coming over they would text or call one of them to let them know, but I hadn't heard either of their phones go off.

Sarah got up and went to the door. Opening it, Tyler, Caleb and Pogue came walking in. Caleb and Tyler had their arm around Pogue, helping him steady before helping him sit down in Kate's desk chair.

"Hey guys," Tyler whispered. "Reid will be by in a few,"

Once free, Sarah pulled Caleb into a deep hug which he returned. Kate ran over to Pogue giving him a long kiss and hug which made him flinch which he tried to hide but didn't do very well concealing his pain.

"Are you okay, babe?" she asked him, worry lines covering her face.

"Yeah, I'm okay," he groaned.

"You shouldn't be out of bed!" I blurted at him. Seeing him in pain hurt. I wasn't expecting him to come back to school for a while.

"Well, if you would have just answered your phone and taken my phone call, I wouldn't be out of bed," he snapped at me. "And you shouldn't be out of bed yourself."

"I am currently in bed," I said gesturing to where I was.

"Wait! Both of you, what are you talking about? Pogue, why are you in pain? Why do you need to be in bed?" Kate almost yelled.

No one answered. Kate stared at Pogue waiting for an answer but instead of answering, Pogue looked to Caleb for help, who looked at Tyler who was looking to me to answer for the three of them. Kate followed Caleb and Tyler started to stare at me. I looked away, not sure what to even say. How was I supposed to explain everything?

"Will someone say something?!" Sarah exasperated.

But no one did. We were all silent.

Clink! Clink!

Grabbing all of our attention, we turned to the blurry textured glass window across the room. There was a shadowy figure outside like they were crouching. I looked over at the boys, my body completely alert and so were they. Tyler started to move towards the window but I stopped him. I didn't want him to get hurt even more than he was if there was something dark and devious out there. My heart started to thump hard as I got out of bed to see what was creepily outside. Tyler grabbed my hand, giving it a squeeze letting me know he was there. He followed behind me but I let go of his hand, telling him he needed to stay back.

As I got closer, the figure became a little clearer, but I couldn't tell who it was. Pale skin came through and a bright white, mischievous smile. I looked behind me to see Pogue and Caleb protecting their girlfriends and Tyler a few feet behind me, his hand out ready to grab me if needed. I gave them all a slight nod and went to open the latch of the window.

Creaking slowly open, the figure became clear as to who it was.

"Chase!" He was squatting on the ledge of our fake balcony, flashing his charismatic smile. I could hear everyone breathe a sigh of relief and relax. I opened the window enough for everyone to see what I was seeing.

"Hey guys!" he said giving a wave to everyone.

"What are you doing out our window all creepy like?" I asked confused but a little amused.

"I didn't mean to scare you guys," he giggled. I heard Pogue huff in the background. "Is this not a good time?" Chase gave me a look like he was sorry.

"No, you're fine. We were just... talking," I told. "What's up?" I asked before anyone else could say something, specifically Pogue.

"I'm here for you," he said, directing all his attention to me.

"Me?" I questioned. "And walking to our room door would have been... too easy?" I asked, looking around to see how he even made it to our window. It was almost impossible for him to climb to us from his room unless he used the tree branches that pressed up against the dorm building.

"With the new curfew the school has, I thought this would be the easiest way for coming and going," he answered with a chuckle. "I wanted to take you somewhere," he said.

"Me? Where?" I was confused. What new curfew? What did he want with me?

"Well come with me and find out," he smirked, extending his hand towards me. I gave him a questioning look, not sure what he had planned.

"I'm going to need a little more than that," I pried.

"Nope, that's all you're getting," he coyly answered. "Come on Blair, trust me."

Should I go with him?

What does he have planned?

I could feel Pogue sending me signals. This time he was sending them intentionally. Stay here. We need to talk. Stay here. Do not go.

Suddenly, the room door opened, and in walks in Reid. "I'm here. Blair-," he started as he closed the door but as soon as he turned our way, he stopped in his tracks. "What's going on?" he asked, becoming tense seeing Chase.

There was an uncomfortable silence that filled the room. I looked at Reid who looked at me, like he wanted to talk to me. I could feel it come off him. I didn't want to talk to him, still.

Yeah... I'm gonna go.

Go.

I turned to Chase and took his hand. "I'll come."

<><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><>
Author's Notes: 

Thank you so much for taking the time to read my story! If you liked it, feel free to give this chapter a vote and/or comment. I would love to hear what you guys think, who your favorite character is, anything you would like to say! Again, thank you for your support. See you at the next chapter!