Chapter 1

I had arrived to the bonfire on the beach. Everyone was dancing and drinking, having a good time. I was told that it was the last summer party before classes started for the school year at Spencer Academy in Ipswich. I just moved here a couple weeks ago from Kansas and it was such as big change. Spencer's was in the middle of a large wooded area. You'd have to drive for thirty minutes to get to an actual store with groceries and a pharmacy. The only thing near that was the place to hang out was a bar and an oldies diner.

"There you are!" I heard behind me. I turned and saw Kate with a drink in her hand. She gave me a quick hug and turned to a blonde haired girl behind her. "This is Sarah!" I shook Sarah's hand and we said hello. We moved closer to the bonfire to warm up, but I noticed Kate was looking where the cars were parked.

"Looking for someone?" I asked as I rubbed my hands together to generate warmth.

"Their here," she said with a grin forming on her face. Sarah and I looked to where she was looking and then Sarah got that same look on her face. I looked back over and saw four figures walking towards us. Guys and girls were hollering at them, cheering for them. So they were the big guys on campus. One with shoulder length light brown hair walked straight to Kate and gave her a big kiss in front of everyone. The tall tan, short black haired guy came up and kissed Sarah both on the lips and her forehead. The other two guys just stood behind them waiting for the moment to pass.

"Who's this?" Kate's guy asked pointing to me.

"I'm Blair Salvatore," I said extending my hand.

"Pogue Perry," he said shaking my hand.

"Caleb Danvers," Sarah's guy said shaking my hand.

"I'm Tyler Simms," one of the other friends stepped up and shook my hand. He seemed nervous. His dark brown hair was messy and kind of spiked up. Then the last guy stepped up and took my hand.

"Garwin. Reid Garwin." He lifted my hand and kissed the back of it. What a flirt. He had golden platinum blonde hair and gorgeous blue eyes. "You know, Blair was my grandmother's name. You kind of remind me of her," he said checking me out up and down and giving me a smirk. I looked at his friends and they just rolled their eyes at him.

"Do you use that pick up line on every girl or am I just special?" I said. He looked at me like he was surprised that I had a comeback.

"Oh definitely special," he said continuing his flirtation.

"Oh why do you say that?"

"I guess you'll have to find out," he said finally letting go of my hand.

"I might just have to," I said looking at him. He smirked at me again and I just knew that my time here in Ipswich was going to be really interesting.

<><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><>

Author's Notes:

Thank you so much for taking the time to read my story! I'm so very excited to share this book with you. If you liked it, feel free to give this chapter a vote and/or comment. I would love to hear what you guys think. See you at the next chapter!

- Impact