Chapter 51

DOUBLE CHAPTER UPLOAD WOOHOO!! You deserve it. Thanks for being so patient and amazing and continuing to read my story :) Love you guys <3

Chapter 51:

Father?! No, that couldn't be possible. Father...? No offense the man sitting in front of me, but he looked like he could be his great, great grandfather, give or take a great. I looked at Caleb to see if there was any signs that he was trying to pull my leg, but there were none. Caleb walked towards the other side of the room and grabbed two chairs, placing them in front of his father.

I slowly took a seat and examined his father further. I could feel his power radiating out of him though it was faint, like a whisper. It did not have the same presence as the rest of the parents. The verbal silence was tense between the three of us. I noticed Caleb looking everywhere other than his father. Gorman was now in the room with us, in the corner, keeping his distance.

"It's nice to meet you, Mr. Danvers," I said softly. "I'm Blair Salvatore." He didn't react at all. He stared at me blankly. I couldn't tell if he knew who I was or if he feared me like the rest of the family. I looked down at his neck, a clear tube coming out of his throat linking to another machine. I don't think he could talk even if he wanted to.

"His name is William Danvers the Third,'" Caleb told. "And he is forty-four years old."

"Forty-four?!" I gasped.

"This is the result of addiction," Caleb explained. "The power is so tempting and wants to be used, and when you give in, this is what happens. This is why we have to be so careful about our powers. They have consequences if they aren't used carefully."

"I'm sorry." It was all I could manage to say to him. To the both of them. I looked back at Mr. Danvers, trying my best not to react negatively to his condition. This was the reason Caleb always harped about power usage and why he was always on Reid to not use his powers for fun. For all we could know the same could apply to me and my powers as well. If I continued to use them after I was eighteen, I could age rapidly as well.

"I felt like I should tell you the truth about my family. Everyone else has been honest and the story most people know if that my father passed away sometime ago. I didn't want to continue that lie with you." I could feel the stress radiating from Caleb and the concern. He stared at the floor while leaning forward, resting his arms on his knees.

"Thank you for telling me the truth," I said reaching out to grab his hand. I gave him a small smile and looked over to his father. "Your son is great person and very kind. I feel lucky to be able to call him my friend."

I thought he should know, even if he wasn't able to speak to us. I wish he could speak to us, to Caleb.

"Thank you," I heard in my head. I looked back at Caleb and then at his father and then back to Caleb.

"Did you use right now?" I asked Caleb.

"No?" he answered immediately. "Why?" he asked confused.

"I heard a voice in my head," I said, unsure of what was happening.

"Lillian?" he asked, concerned.

"Lillian? Is that you?" I thought, even though it didn't feel like her presence in my head. There was no response. I shook my head letting Caleb know that it wasn't her. I looked at Mr. Danvers, who seemed as surprised as me.

"Was that you, Mr. Danvers?" I asked, cautiously.

"Yes...," a voice trickled in my head.

"Are you using?" I asked, mentally speaking back to him.