Chapter 42

Chapter 42:

Pogue's grip tightened around me as his father stomped to the other side of his bed. I could see the fumes exiting the top of his head.

            "Dad, what's the matter with you?" Pogue huffed at him, trying to sit himself up.

            "I want her out!" Mr. Perry yelled. The booming sound of his voice not only shook the entire house but also the insides of my brain.

            "What the hell do you mean?" Pogue questioned. "What is the matter with you?" Pogue questioned, now yelling back.

            Instantly wishing I wasn't here and feeling the pulsing emotions from the boys, I grabbed ahold of the nightstand to pull myself off of Pogue's bed. Reid and Caleb tried to come over to help me but I refused their help, swatting them away. I wasn't going to stick around to where I wasn't wanted. I had only glanced at Mr. Perry when he had first came in and the look on his face was enough to want me to get out. With the amount of anger and hate that he shot at me, I could feel it to my core. I didn't care about the shooting soreness running through my body, I just wanted to get out. I was surprised with my desire to leave, my powers hadn't automatically kicked in and poofed me someplace other than here. Probably used them all up the other night.

            Pogue and his father started to go at it while I stumbled a few steps away from the bed. "Blair, you are not going anywhere," Pogue insisted, about to jump out the bed, but stopped for a moment letting out a painful grunt.

            "You see!" Mr. Perry's voice boomed.

            Ouch.

            I looked at the pain on Pogue's face as he tried to get out of bed. Though he was mostly healed, he was still dealing with some internal pain. It was all my fault.

            Slowly, limping backward towards the door, I motioned that I was going to be leaving. "I didn't mean for him to get hurt," I said to Mr. Perry, trying to help.

            "It's not your fault, Blair," Pogue replied.

            "Yes, it is! Everything that has happened is entirely her fault! If you had never been born, this would have never happened!" Mr. Perry told, pointing his finger at me. I don't know why but it made me stop in my tracks. That one cut deep into me. Not liking that I had stopped, Mr. Perry waved and screamed, "Get out right now!"

            His eyes were coated pitch black for a moment and that was all it took for him to send me flying out the bedroom. My body crashed against the wallpaper wall, sliding down onto small table and hitting the floor. My entire body tingled in agony feeling the throbbing sensation intensify. I felt the floor rumble beneath me as the group of family members came rushing towards me, but I raised my hand, preventing them from coming any closer. I didn't want to be touched. Not by any of them. I felt myself shaking as I pulled myself up off the floor. I could hear Mr. Perry being yelled at by numerous people.

            "Blair!" Reid came running to my side, gently grabbing a hold of me, checking to make sure I was okay. His blue eyes disappeared behind the layer of blackness. Looking past him, I saw Tyler standing between us and the rest of the family members. Inside, Caleb was standing right inside the bedroom, his eyes too were black, moving one of Pogue's dressers in front of the doorway with the wave of his hand.

            "Uncle Wayne, you are going to stay right there!" Caleb commanded, turning back to Mr. Perry.

            "Blair!" Pogue's voice came from the room. I couldn't see where he was. "Is she okay?"