One

Chapter 24 - One

Tomorrow morning, they're leaving. If nothing changes between Luke and I today, I'm afraid nothing will ever happen between us again. And that scares me.

"Ashton?" I jogged down the stairs. "Ash?" I called.

"Yep?" He popped his head out of the kitchen.

I jumped, a hand held to my heart. "Don't do that." I whined.

He smirked and skipped up to me- yes, you read that correctly. He skipped.

"Someone's in a good mood," I mused.

"Oh, by the way," Ashton held up a finger, quickly running into the kitchen and returning with a basket. "Alyssa dropped by, she told me to give this to you, said it was important for me not to peek. I didn't." He handed the covered basket to me.

"Uh, thanks." I said, not really getting what could be in the basket.

"And," Ash continued. "We're going on a picnic."

"A picnic." I repeated, my eyebrows raised.

"Yep!" He grinned. "I invited the boys, Mags, Lyssa, Avalon, Jack, Caspar, Laura, Silas . . . Mom insisted on coming as well, she also invited Mikey's mom, Luke's mother, Luke's dog and Alyssa's mom."

"Sounds like a party," I noted.

"It was supposed to be a little get together before we leave on tour," He knitted his brows. "But I couldn't leave anyone out so I ended up calling almost everyone I know."

"The more the merrier, right?" I grinned.

"Absolutely." He grinned back.

"When are we going?"

"In two hours. Plenty of time for you to get ready."

"Thank the gods," I sighed in relief. "That thirty minutes tradition was starting to get on my nerves."

"Mine, too. You're really whiny when you're ugly." He wrinkled his nose.

I wasn't sure whether to laugh or get offended.

Jack decided for me, apparently. "Ashton! Are you calling her ugly?" He appeared from behind me, this fake-offended look on his face.

"What? No. Only when she's whiny." Ash snickered.

"Exactly," My oh-so-great friend stated. "She's whiny 25/8."

"Jack!" I slapped him upside the head. "25/8 isn't even the term."

"I know." He smirked.

I pouted.

Jack pouted at me pouting.

"Errmahgawd, stop pouting!" Ashton shrieked in a high pitched tone.

"What are we doing?" I laughed.

Jack shrugged. "I know what I'm doing, what are you doing?"

"Nothing. What are you doing then?"

"I'm practising the art of being irresistible." He winked.

"Smooth." I rolled my eyes and started to walk back upstairs.

"Aw, where you going, Rosie?!" The both of them hollered after me.

"I'm going to get ready for the picnic while I still can!" I yelled back.

Sheesh. Can't get any privacy 'round here.

Actually, on second thought, I shouldn't be alone with myself for a long amount of time. Bad things happen.