Lobbies & Lame Goodbyes

Author's Note:

before you proceed to read the chapter, there is something i have to say: 

THANK YOU FOR 5 THOUSAND READS, I REALLY APPRECIATE IT. LIKE, THIS IS A BIG ACCOMPLISHMENT FOR ME. i nEVER THOUGHT THIS MOLDY CHEESE OF A STORY WOULD EVER GET 5K TBH. gRANTED, I DON'T HAVE MANY REGULAR-READERS WHO COMMENT AND VOTE AND STUFF FOR EVERY CHAPTER BUT I'M HAPPY WITH WHAT I HAVE SO I SUPPOSE THAT'S ALL THAT MATTERS :-----)

(*off topic alert* no but, like, have you seen how amazing michael clifford looks i just) (i had to get that out, sorry) (and omfg Luke's fisheye-hi selfie the second. he's trying to kill us, i swear) (k but cashton + luke's selfie thing was life ok. it was life. luke needs a shave in that pic) (luke's beard does things to me dontjudge)

k continue to the chapter.

.

.

Chapter 42 - Lobbies & Lame Goodbyes

"How did I do?!" I shouted, my T-shirt a little stuck as I attempted to pull it on as fast as I could.

"Huh?" Jack glanced up from his phone, chuckling when he saw me in my stuck state. "Need some help with that, Rosie?" He got up from the couch and strode over to me.

"Uh, yeah," I mumbled, a little embarrassed. "Thanks."

Carefully, he tugged on the soft material to untangle me and I could feel his cold skin against mine for a moment before, soon enough, I was no longer stuck and his fingertips left my bare waist. Reaching behind me, Jack pulled my hair out from under the shirt and smiled at me– but there was nothing happy about his smile; it was full of sadness. I hated seeing him like this. There was a knock on the door, followed by the door itself opening. I diverted my eyes from his.

"Hey, so you forgot this in Luke's room and I- Oh," Calum was saying but quickly cut himself off when he saw us. We weren't doing anything necessarily 'bad' but Jack was only a few inches away from me and I guess that's what fueled Calum's overactive imagination. "Oh, were you guys– Did I interrupt something? Again? Why do I always interrupt things? Am I the interrupter or-"

"Cal," I stopped him before he could go too far. "You didn't interrupt anything; We weren't doing anything." I stated, crossing my arms over my chest.

Jack rubbed the back of his neck, "Um, yeah. We weren't." He agreed.

Calum's whole face relaxed instantly and he sighed in relief. "Thank goodness." He mumbled and I asked why he was so relieved.

To be honest, I already had a feeling I knew what he would say before I even asked the question.

"I just couldn't stand the thought of you playing Luke and him finding out. I just . . . He's my best friend and he would be completely crushed if you . . ." Calum trailed off.

"Yeah," I whispered. "I understand." My eyes slowly drifted to Calum's hands and noticed that they were behind his back. He was obviously holding something.

"Whatcha got there, Cal?" Jack asked before I could, as he went to retrieve his weird roller suitcase/backpack from his bedside.

"Oh, Rose just forgot something in Lucas's hotel room," Calum smirked, still not showing us what he was holding.

"Well?" I raised an eyebrow expectantly. In my gut, I had a feeling that I was indeed missing something but I just can't remember what. "What is it?" I asked.

Finally, Calum showed us what he was hiding behind his back. He waved the penguin toy around a bit, pouting, "How dare you forget, Pengi?" Cal asked in a baby voice.