Shattered Pieces

[IIIIII AAAAAAAMMMM UNEDITED :)
sincerely, chapter 38.]

Chapter 38 - Shattered Pieces

I walked out of the elevator, feeling uneasy and nervous. I'm late. He's probably gonna be so annoyed . . . No, he's not going to be annoyed, because that's not Luke. That's not how he would react.

I stood in the lobby and frowned. I spun around, taking a good look at my surroundings.

"So did you find him?" Jack spoke up, suddenly, scaring me half to death.

I jumped and held a hand to my heart. "Gods, Jack. No. No, I didn't find him. Where is he?"

Jack shrugged. "Maybe he ditched you?" He suggested and took a seat on one of the soft waiting chairs.

I shook my head. "He wouldn't . . ."

My friend smiled lazily. "You think you know someone, and then they surprise you." He told me wisely, propping his feet up on the coffee table.

I pushed his legs off it. "We're in a hotel, Jack. Mind your manners." I said in a scolding tone.

Jack rolled his eyes. "Sorry, mother," He paused. "No, seriously, though, sorry. I'm used to living in my own place- or in yours." He said sincerely.

I nodded. "Understandable." I muttered and stood on my tiptoes, in search for a blond boy.

"ROSE!"

I turned on my heel in surprise.

Luke was running towards me, his hair swept to the side and his eyes wide. He stopped in front of me, panting. "S-Sorry, I'm late. I got sidetracked on Twitter while creeping on some fans." He blushed a crimson red as he fiddled with something behind his back.

I tilted my head and frowned on confusion. "Whatcha got back there?" I asked reluctantly.

Luke smiled sheepishly and showed me what he was holding behind his back.

I gasped. "Oh my gods, Luke. It's adorable!" I squealed when he handed the penguin toy to me. It was fluffy and soft and it was holding a red rose and it was blushing (kind of like how Luke was) and, argh! I loved it! So freaking cute.

Luke grinned, swaying back and forth on his heels. "Do you like it?" He asked, hopefully.

I looked at him and I smiled widely, my eyes probably shining with happiness as I threw my arms around his neck (while holding the penguin in one hand) and hugged him tight, before pulling away slightly and kissing his cheek. "Thank you, thank you, thank you!"

Luke's arms automatically went around my waist. "I should be the one thanking you, to be honest," He said. "You got me out of jail."

I scoffed. "Technically, Jennifer Lawrence got you out of jail." I pointed out.

He shook his head and nuzzled his nose with mine. "You got me out. I'd choose you over her any day, Rosa." Luke mumbled under his breath, just loud enough for me- and only me- to hear.

I smiled. "Just so you know, I might choose you over Dylan O'Brien." I whispered back, mostly in a joking manner.

Luke raised an eyebrow at me. "Might?"

I shrugged a little. "Usually, I'd choose Dylan over any guy, but you're not just any guy. You're Luke. You're my guy." I bit my lip, hoping he wouldn't deny that.

Luke groaned and I was sure I ruined it, until he spoke, "God damn it, you're hot!" Luke exclaimed, apparently sexually frustrated.

I almost burst out laughing. Right there. In the lobby. I managed to stifle my laughter, but I had to stumble away from Luke in order to do that. I stared at Luke, trying hard not to laugh. "Oh gods. Really, Lucas?" I giggled.