Hotels

Chapter 32 - Hotels

After our conversation with the lads, Jack and I decided to take a nap, since he estimated that we would arrive in Manhattan at 10 o'clock in the morning and he knew I disliked taking naps when the sun is high and shining. So, we thought getting some (a lot of) rest would do us some good.

Little did we know, the children behind would not stop kicking.

Close to the estimation, the plane landed at around 10:30. The moment we were done with the legal stuff and were out of the airport, I instantly felt the exhaustion. When you're worrying about getting in the country, you won't think about exhaustion, but when you're already in, you would.

I leaned against Jack as we waited for a taxi. "I am so tired, you have no idea." I mumbled.

Jack stifled a yawn. "I just want to go to the hotel and take a long, nice nap." He sighed.

"Now that I think about it, a long, nice nap sounds quite appealing," I smiled lazily.

A cab finally pulled over and we hopped in the back, after stuffing our luggage in the trunk of the car. Jack told the driver our hotel's name and address and off we went into the city of New York. As expected, it was raining, but I like New York rain. It feels like home.

I smiled as I looked out the window. Gosh, I missed this city . . .

"Ah, home sweet home, eh, Rose?" Jack grinned, stretching his arms out.

"Yeah," I agreed. "Home."

"So, what's the plan?" My comrade rubbed his hands together in anticipation.

"We go to the hotel, we take a nap, get ready, order room service- or go to a restaurant- eat the food and head out to check the university campus," I explained shortly.

"Huh, you have it all planned out, dont you?"

I rolled my eyes. "Countless hours in an airplane with a kid kicking my seat, of course I have it all planned out. What else was I supposed to do, other than plan?"

Jack nodded. "Point taken. In that whole list, I'm only looking forward to sleeping and eating."

I leaned my head back. "Me too. I really, really want some Manhattan pizza and cheesecake. Oh, how I miss thee pizza." I sighed dreamily.

"Speaking of pizza," Jack suddenly remembered something. "I should call Aria and inform her that we are in her city and demand her to come over and nap with us."

"Do you even know how wrong that sounded?"

"Yes, I figured it out the moment I said it, but what can I do? What has been said, cannot be unsaid," He responded, quite dramatically, as he pulled his phone out of his pocket and dialed Aria's number. He put it on speaker for me to hear, too.

'Yo, Jack. What's up?' Aria's voice filled the car.

"Hey, Ria. We happen to be in Manhattan right now- and by we, I mean Rose and I- and we were wondering if you would-"

'Oh my god, you're here?!' She squealed loudly.

Jack smirked. "Yes. We're here,"

'This isn't a prank, right?'

"Not a prank, Ari," I piped in. "We're in Manhattan!"

'Yay! Which hotel are you staying at? I'm coming over ASAP-'

"Aria, we only called to tell you the news. We've been on a long, twenty hour, flight and we will be taking a brief nap in our hotel before coming to see you," Jack cut in.