What? Nothing's wrong why would you ask?

No something's wrong Donghyuck says as he turns his body to fully face Mark, ❝You've been upset all morning and the last couple of days as well. Something is bugging you so what is it?

'I can't tell him now. Not with the others listening.'

I just have a lot going on like— I don't know. I don't expect you to understand...

What kind of talk is that? You're my boyfriend, you can talk to me about anything, you know that. I can try to understand what's happening but if you're not comfortable then just say so.

Mark sighs before looking up at Donghyuck, ❝I know but, there's this problem that's really been bugging me and it's something that I have to let out at some point.

Donghyuck was silent which confused Mark, but when he saw the sudden change of look on Donghyuck's face, he knew he fucked up.

Is it me?

Mark's eyes widened as soon as he realized what Donghyuck was getting at, ❝What no! Of course not!

Well you're looking at me weird and the way you said problem made it sound like I'm the problem.

Mark knew he fucked up big time, 'Why did I say it like that!'

Donghyuck looked like he was about to cry as he stood up from the table, Mark quickly grabbed his arm to prevent him from leaving. ❝No Hyuckie, don't go.

Donghyuck didn't spare Mark another glance and ripped his arm out of his hold and started walking away, ❝Just leave me alone...

And just like that, he walked out of the cafeteria with all his friend's eyes on him.

Mark felt bad. He didn't mean to make it sound like that he was talking about Donghyuck, sure he's trying to break up with him but the last thing he would want to do is say that it was Donghyuck's fault.

He still cares about him just not in that light anymore.

Mark let out an exhausted sigh as he was about to get up and go after Donghyuck but was stopped by Jeno.

Maybe you shouldn't go Mark. How about one of us go? Said Jeno.

Mark turned to look at Jeno and nodded his head in agreement, but before anyone could volunteer, Jaemin let out a sigh which caught everyone's attention.

Alright I'll go. Jaemin says as he was about to get out of his seat, ❝He's my side bitch anyway so might as well do the honors.