Ch 1 Ethan

There are times when Ava is literally pissed off at everything going on around her. These are one of those times.

It was raining outside and Ava was glaring at the window while Avery was kicking her under the desk to draw her attention back towards her possible extinction, as Mr. Harrington was glaring at Ava, clearly pissed off.

Suddenly a substitute teacher kicked the door open, making it slam against the wall endangering Ava's life even more because Mr. Harrington was one step away from exploding like a volcano.

However before that could happen, the substitute instantly shoved two boys in front of her whom she was apparently supposed to introduce to the class, and left.

Ava was still glaring at the rain. Avery was now solving a Maths sum at the back of her English notebook from which she was supposed to be revising how Toto the monkey tried to boil himself alive in a kettle.

The two boys were looking around the room with blank faces. Mr. Harrington was red in the face but apparently his desire to not be fired from the school by the principal refrained him from his volcanic self.

Ava had finally decided turned to the cause of her possible extinction, and saw Mr. Harrington throw a smile at the two boys. Ava snorted knowing fully well that it was a fake smile.

But apparently Mr. Harrington heard her snort and turned to her.

"You have got something to say, Harper?" Mr. Harrington asked.

"It's raining horses and buffaloes outside." Ava groaned making the class snigger.

"It's cats and dogs, Ava." Mr. Harrington corrected.

"Oh my god! Do you think I pay attention when you teach idiots?" Ava exclaimed, standing up and slamming her hands on the desk as Avery hid her face in her hands. Now even the two boys where were watching with amusement.

"It's Idioms. Not idiots." Avery whisper yelled at Ava.

"Look at this," Ava pointed at her face. "This is the face of a person who is not an English freak unlike this wrinkle free sixty five year old man!" She exclaimed before picking her bag up and storming out of the classroom bumping into the shoulder of a boy whose name she didn't know and obviously didn't care.

"Detention, Harper! In my office after school!" Mr. Harrington yelled behind her.

"See you in hell Mr. Harrington!" Ava yelled and saluted him and took off bouncing on her feet as merrily as if she had just made Ethan speechless.

Ethan.

Ava sighed at the thought of him.

Ethan Anderson.

The worst person on this planet.

Head of the Tower of Enthusiasm.

The cause of all their miseries.

And Ava's legal guardian.

He wasn't that bad to be honest, but when he is mad........ let's just say there aren't any steps for the volcano eruption. The volcano erupts at step one.

Ava ran out of the school and towards the lake behind C.H.A. She always went there when she wanted to be alone. Nobody came there that often and the only two people who knew about that place were Ava and Avery.

Ava dropped her bag beside a tree and sat down under it. She leaned back and stared at the leaves of the tree, lake flowing in front of her, finally starting to think about all the possible consequences after she entered C.H.A.