He wanted me to move in with him and I have no problem with that because it would feel like I was sleeping at Candice’s place but I didn’t want us to get serious so quickly. Ben and I dated for two years and we never once spoke about moving in together. We both loved our space but Lucifer was different. He wanted me in his personal space. He wanted me everywhere and that confused me. I was confused by the way he treats me and it was all new and scary.

He came around to my side and pulled me closer to him. “You could have covered up more.” He said looking at my legs.

“You saw me in shorts before,” I said as we entered the building.

“I have,” he replied. “I don’t want the world to see what’s mine.”

Before I could reply the world's happiest woman came up to us. She was the life-like smiley emoji. She kept smiling, I felt sorry for her jaw. “Morning. Table for two.”

“Yes,” I replied as soon as Mr. Black went into an angry mood.

“You folks are new. Visiting or moving into our wonderful neighborhood?” She spoke as she moved us along to our table.

“We actually have a house, up the hill. But we visiting.” I replied. “So how is this little neighborhood?” I questioned

“Very simple, ma’am.” she smiled. “Everyone is super friendly and you know, like any other neighborhood in California.”

“That’s nice.” She started talking about how the diner started and the type of food they have available. She stopped by the table and I assumed it was our table. She handed us our menus.

“This is Roxy.” she smiled at us. “She’ll take your order. Enjoy.” Ms. Smiley walked off to god knows where.

“Can you give us a moment?” I asked and she nodded. This wasn’t a small town but the people here seemed as if the technology was invented last year. The men sat with newspapers and although it isn’t all that bad, it becomes bad when you see a teenager playing with those antique games. My generation was probably the last to play with those battery-operated games.

“That’s the most you said since the ordeal,” Lucifer spoke up, taking my attention away from that family’s table. He slid in next to me and kissed my cheek.

“Talking isn’t really on my agenda,” I said. What was there to talk about when the world seemed so black and white.

“Princess…” He was cut off by the waiter.

“Two coffees,” I ordered. “And…” I looked at Lucifer. “What do you want?” he kept looking at me. I sigh. “Can we have two takeaway coffees and waffles please.”

“Sure,” I nodded. We sat in silence. He wanted me to heal, to become the Rose, he once knew. I watched my sister bleed to death. The necklace and bracelet, Candice and I wore is because of her death. What was I supposed to do? Get rid of a necklace knowing she died so that I could have it.

She deserved much more than a death in the desert. She deserved much more than a father who got off in torturing his victims. She had the same fate her mother had but at least her mother’s death was much less violent than hers. “What did Riri do?” I asked.

“She betrayed me and it doesn’t matter what you or Maggie says, I won’t welcome her back.”

“She the reason we got out,” I said. I had my doubt about her but she was family. She was my little sister’s aunt and if I couldn’t protect Evie, I might as well protect the one thing she valued the most.

“She is also the reason, you were taken.” He said clenching his fist. “She gave away your location and she was the one who waited until the last minute to help us. We found your location before she even attempted to help you. So Rosella, what do you think of Riri now?”

I didn’t know that. Evie was the one who said Riri was doing everything to help us. Was she working against us or was she helping us? “They had her sister’s child, my sister,” I said. I won’t believe she’s bad, at least for Evie’s sake, I won’t.

“They had my sister, Rosella.” He said. “They had you. I nearly lost it but I kept strong because your lives were of importance. Your brothers never had the chance to cry or feel anger because everything was focused on finding you. Riri betrayed me long before her sister gave birth. If I had known it was your father’s child, I would have attempted to rescue her but hear me, Rose. I will kill him and if Riri is near him or does one thing wrong, I will kill her as well.” He stood up and walked out of the diner. He had a point but what did he expect? That I would leave what little family I had because of something that happened in the past.

Ms. M said that Riri wasn’t as she made herself out. Everyone was different depending on the crowd. This was the first time he walked out on me. It wasn’t our first fight but he never left me. What did Riri do to him to make him hate anyone who joins her side? She was a strong woman, I cried over a sister I had known for a few days, I cried for a man that broke me, and yet Riri didn’t shed a tear for a child she had known for years.

The odds were against her but I wasn’t going to give up on her. I paid for the coffee and food and walked towards the car. I wasn’t going to give in. I wasn’t the same Rose that gave up a fight because it hurts people. No, I don’t give a fuck about who I hurt as long as I end up on top. This was my turning point and no one, not even Lucifer Black was going to make it any different.

 This was my turning point and no one, not even Lucifer Black was going to make it any different

,________________________

Beautiful Rosella Bell on top.

Sorry for the wait.

A little hint for you lovely readers. The scene you have all been waiting for is coming soon.